5 Childhood Cereals You Still Crave In College

Just a little food nostalgia to remind you of the good times.

26

Upon remembering my childhood is way farther away than I'd like to admit, I figured a little blast from the past would be nice amidst the craziness of school coming to an end. So randomly enough, here are some cereals that might take you back to the good ol' days.

1. S'mores Cereal 

I know some people probably didn't ever eat these and have no clue what I'm talking about, but if you did, consider yourself blessed. My sister and I are kinda like S'mores fanatics, so when we saw this cereal on TV... wow. Just wow. It was a dream come true.

2. Trix 

If you didn't eat Trix as a kid were you even a kid??? Seriously... I'm concerned if you didn't. Even my sister, who's allergic to red dye, sacrificed herself for the sake of this cereal. Full-body hives and all. It's just that good.

And don't even get me started on the rabbit. That big ol' bunny stole my heart by age 8. Fun fact: I used to check my closet when I was younger to see if he was hiding in there. Not in a creepy way though. But I guess now that I think about it, a giant bunny hiding in my closet isn't exactly normal.

3. Pops

I honestly liked pops but they weren't my favorite. Like they're big and yellow (ok that sounds weird but you know what they look like), so they always absorbed the milk too fast. I don't know, I'm a diva about my cereal. It got soggy too quick and I just couldn't deal with that.

4. Apple Jacks 

Oh my gosh, all I can think about is the commercials that constantly played for Apple Jacks cereal. The cinnamon stick with the dreads was really livin' life y'all. Like he was always on the go. No care in the world, just wanted to ride on his skateboard and have fun. We could all take notes from the Apple Jacks cinnamon stick guy. He was legendary. But the big grumpy apple guy in those commercials... just rude. Like he kind of killed my vibe. Whatever, this isn't a commercial review. Sorry, back to the cereal. So, yeah this cereal was really something special. 10/10 would still recommend.

5. Honey Combs

I'm not sure why I was so drawn to this cereal as a kid, but I honestly think it's because of the shape. AND THEY WERE HUGE. Like these honeycombs came, king-sized for real. But I'm not mad at it. I loved them actually, they were pretty fantastic.