This summer is my first time working a 9-5 job; therefore, it's my first time having an actual lunch break. Nine times out of ten, if I'm going to eat out for lunch, I want Chick-Fil-A. Their customer service is unmatched by any other chain restaurant, and I have always loved their food - especially their chocolate milkshakes.
Turns out, I'm not the only person who loves Chick-Fil-A and wants to get it on their lunch break. Unfortunately, it seems like every working human being with a lunch break wants Chick-Fil-A too. Here are some of my thoughts as I face the craziness that is rush hour at Chick-Fil-A:
1. "Mmhm...Chick-Fil-A would be good for lunch today."Giphy
I mean what doesn't sound good about fried chicken nuggets, waffle fries, and an ice cold lemonade?
2. *Sees that its 11:30* "I should probably leave now before the lunch hour rush."Giphy
If it's 11:30 now and it takes me 15 minutes to get there, then I should beat the lunch hour rush at 12, right?
3. "I hope the line isn't too long. I'm super hungry."Giphy
Nobody has time to wait in a long line during their 30 minute lunch break!
4. "OMG THE LINE IS WRAPPED AROUND THE BUILDING TWICE."Giphy
It seems like no matter what time of day Chick-Fil-A is always crowded.
5. "Well, maybe the line will move quickly."Giphy
I have to give credit where credit is due: Chick-Fil-A does have extraordinary customer service.
6. "Should I get a chocolate milkshake?"Giphy
Whenever I wait in line too long, I tend to contemplate my order over and over again. Thus, I end up with a milkshake in my cup holder.
7. *finally places order* "Ugh, I forgot to ask for sauce. I'll just ask when I get to the window."Giphy
Chick-Fil-A sauce, Polynesian, Ranch - I love them all.
8. *gets food* "This smells SO good...I am starving."Giphy
By the time you've gone through the entire Chick-Fil-A drive-thru, odds are your hunger has turned into starvation.
9. *pulls out of drive-thru* "CRAP. I forgot to ask for sauce and I don't have a straw."Giphy
This leads me to think, "Should I go through the trouble of going inside?"
10. "Yes, I'll just park and go inside."Giphy
Parking and going inside a restaurant sounds simple enough, right? No. Not Chick-Fil-A. Not Chick-Fil-A during lunch on a workday. Your precious Chick-Fil-A sauce is now costing you 10 minutes of time - not to mention some of your sanity.
11. *brings sauce back to car* "Why would you ever go to Chick-Fil-A during lunch hour rush if you aren't working?"Giphy
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you can't go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch if you don't work during the week. I'm just asking why would you choose to go during lunch hour rush? Lunch at 11:00 AM doesn't sound so bad to me.
12. *eats one nugget* "So worth it."Giphy
Let's be real - Chick-Fil-A is always worth the wait.
Chick-Fil-A is hard to pass up; even if that means spending your lunch break waiting in a ridiculously long line during your lunch break instead of actually eating. We can just eat and work at the same time, right?