I Went To Chicago And It Was Interesting

We kept missing our train.
4

On Friday, November 11th, my friend and I went to Chicago to visit one of our friends. We left at 3:30 in the afternoon and we stopped at Chick-Fil-a in West Laffite India around 8:30 Eastern Time. My friend's car GPS said we only had an hour to go, but her phone said we still had 2 more hours. We thought her phone was messed up, until our friend texted her and asked if we went through the time change yet…oops. We were not prepared for 2 more hours of driving, but we had a good laugh.

After 7 hours of driving, we finally arrived in Oreland Park Illinois. We went to our fronds apartment, watched Gilmore Girls, played with their bunny, and went to bed.

Just wait; this is where it gets interesting…

The next morning we explored the city and everything was perfect! I’m kidding; it was kind of a struggle. To start things off, we missed the train in the morning, so we had to drive to another train station and get on there. Before leaving, I set a goal to take a picture with myself at the bean. We finally got to Millennial Park, but the Bean was blocked off! My friend asked a guy why it was closed and he told us, in his cute British accent, that it was blocked off due to the protests that have been going on. We where disappointed, but then we heard someone say that it would open later. We took an Uber to Navy Pier. We walked the pier and made some stops along the way, and then we decided to go back to the Bean. It was open! We took a lot of pictures and we lost track of time. It was 4:00 and the train left at 5:00! This is when the night started to go downhill. We decided that it would be faster to walk to

Union station, because Uber wouldn’t be able to pick us up until 4:45. We missed a turn, and suddenly we where futher away. We tried to make it, we even ran like people in an airport running to their gate. All of our phones where dead or almost dead and we where Panicking. It was truly like we where in the Hunger Games; Chicago edition. We where just trying to survive on what we had. We missed the train for the second time that day, so we managed to call an Uber to take us to another train station. We made that train and where able to relax…until we got off. We got off at Tinley Park station, and we had to get back to the car at the Orland Park station. We got an uber, but he never showed up. We saw that he was there and we called him because we couldn’t find him. He said he had his flashers on, but we walked around the whole building, and we didn’t see him. We circled the building at least two times before a waiter (from the restraint inside) came out and asked if we needed help. He wasn’t any help at all and we still couldn’t find our Uber! Then we saw two men walking towards us. We where already freaked out that we couldn’t find our Uber and we got really nervous. We knocked on the door of the restaurant and asked if we could stay inside until we could get another Uber. The two men sat right outside and eventually left. We canceled our ride, got another Uber, and we finally got back to the car. Then we got Pizza and watched movies to unwind from our crazy day.

Chicago was beautiful and I love big cities, but I don’t think I’m cut out for big city life. Leaving was sad, but I hope I get to go back one day. That’s the story of the three girls in Chicago who kept missing their train, faced sketchy Uber drivers, and went on a crazy adventure.