5 Must-Do Winter Activities In Chicago That Won't Give You Frost Bite

Christmas cheer is here.
131

The holidays in Chicago are the best time of the year. While some may be let down by the snow and freezing temperatures, it means the return of festive traditions! Chicago is home to plenty of unique holiday events, decorations and more. There's no reason to be bored this winter; here are 5 must-dos this season in the city:

1. Christkindlmarket

This is a popular one; it's a must for me every year which is why it's #1 on the list. They have something for everyone. You can even get some Christmas shopping out of the way. From food to homemade soaps, candles, and ornaments, they have it all. Oh, and you must remember the famous hot chocolate! Be sure to bundle up before venturing to the Christkindlmarket because it will not be enjoyable if you're not dressed for the weather...I know from past experience. Added bonus: if you don't feel like venturing into the downtown market, they have a Naperville location as well.

2. Ice Skating at Maggie Daley

It's fun, beautiful and cheap; a rarity downtown! You just have to pay for your skate rentals.

3. Winter Wonder Fest Navy Pier

Winter Wonderfest Navy Pier

Open until January 7th, this event has something for the whole family to enjoy. If you hate the cold, they even have indoor ice skating!

4. Morton Arboretum Holiday Lights

Take a stroll through the illuminated tree lights! Make sure you bundle up for this one-mile walking tour.

5. Decked Out Transportation

The holiday CTA train is back! The best pleasant surprise when you're waiting for the "L" on a cold day and you see the holiday train pull up. Grab some hot cocoa and it'll be just like the Polar Express. Except you're in Chicago, there's no jolly conductors and no northern lights, but take what you can get and make the most out of your holiday season!