Cherish Those Around You

Cherish Those Around You

You never know when their last day will be.

1015
Cherish Those Around You

Cherish every waking second with every person you have. Because you never know when their last day is going to be. There will come a day when the person you used to spend almost every day with will no longer be able to spend time with you anymore.

Never take anyone's company for granted for that reason. As scary as it sounds, considering that no one will ever know when their last day is, you should always think about spending as much time with that person as much as possible. No matter what the circumstance is, always make sure to keep that person in mind.

There will come a day where you will no longer be able to laugh with that person anymore. All the jokes that you had with them will just be a memory. That is why you cherish things like that. I will never forget in high school when I met the most loving and sweetest girl during Homecoming week. She made me laugh right away, and instantly I knew that we were at the start of a good friendship. Unfortunately the next day we got devastating news. She had taken her own life in her home the night of the Homecoming game. I did not know one person that was not devastated. But the unfortunate thing about high school is all the rumors that were going around.

Regardless of how good or bad news is, things are going to go around. I just remember thinking that, even though I only knew her for a day, it felt like a lifetime. She had made me giggle in the short span of a couple of hours just with her humor and how she cared for her friends. But after all that had happened, I noticed shortly that she looked like she could have used that same encouragement for herself. Not saying that her friends did not encourage her, but just her taking care of herself. It was awful, a truly awful day. Which is why you should always cherish every waking second you spend with someone, especially if you don't know when their last day is going to be.

I know that memories are always there, but it is just not the same as being there with that person. Right now there is someone special to me that I, unfortunately, do not have the best relationship or trust with. However, I know that feeling is not meant to last forever. I know that eventually both of us will have to forgive each other considering all that we've done for one another. Anger or resentment will not fix anything. It will just only bring out the bitterness and more hate that is not needed. I had read something that had inspired me for the type of situation that I am dealing with.

A young woman's family had a huge falling out for about the last 10 years. It was so terrible that no one could bear to be in the same room with one another. However, after years of healing and forgiveness towards one another, they finally called a truce. A truce that would go onto them connecting as a family again. Each person would finally be able to be in the same room with one another again.

A story like that certainly inspires me that no matter how rough things might be between me and this person right now, I know that it won't last a lifetime. What will take time is the healing and forgiveness that we will seek out for one another. Life is too short to stay angry at someone that has done wrong to you.

If something happens, you can't suddenly go back into regret. It will be too late. Do something about resolving your issues now rather than later. I am coming to grips with the fact of not staying angry forever. I realize that I don't have to forgive the person right away, but you never know when their last day on earth will be. I don't want to live with that in my heart, and I know it won't do me any good. I will not take anyone that I meet for granted. I will promise myself that no matter what happens, I will remind myself that tomorrow is not promised. I hope that everyone does the same.