Check Out These 14 TV Episodes To Get You Into The Halloween Spirit

Instead of watching a movie this Halloween, try out some of these scary and funny Halloween television episodes!

45

If you're trying to get in the Halloween spirit, but don't feel up to watching an entire feature-length film, these television episodes are perfect for you. Below I list some comedic Halloween episodes if you aren't into feeling spooked, as well as some scary episodes for all of you who enjoy some horror.

1. "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" - 'Who Got Dee Pregnant?' (Season 6, Episode 7)

Follow along with the Paddy's gang as they try to remember who got Dee pregnant at their Halloween party. Their memories are awfully hazy, which leads to hilariously ridiculous recollections of the night, including Dee slowly becoming an Ostrich in their memories. Seeing Danny Devito dressed up as Spider-Man is also bound to make you laugh.

2. "The Office" - 'Halloween' (Season 2, Episode 5)

For the workers at Dunder Mifflin, Halloween becomes legitimately scary when Michael reveals that he must fire one person due to budget cuts. Watching Michael walk around the office so seriously, trying to decide who to let go while his little paper-mache doll sits on his shoulder cracks me up. How could anyone take that seriously?

3. "Supernatural" - 'Everybody Loves A Clown' (Season 2, Episode 2)

Man, oh man, do I hate clowns! At a carnival that is supposed to be innocent and fun, an evil, parent-murdering clown roams the grounds looking for children to trick. The way the clown creepily stands, stares, waves, disappears, and then reappears is pure nightmare fuel. I will never understand why the children in this episode love this clown. Don't they feel uncomfortable at all by it stalking them? Dean and Sam's hunt for the clown is one thrilling and terrifying experience.

4. "Brooklynn Nine Nine" - 'HalloVeen' (Season 5, Episode 4)

It's the annual Halloween heist at the nine-nine and everyone is even more competitive than the year before. The only thing different about this year is Jake's elaborate plan to propose to Amy at the end of the heist. It's funny and heart-warming, and represents the silly trickery Halloween is all about.

5. "Stranger Things" - 'Trick Or Treat, Freak' (Season 2, Chapter 2)

It doesn't really seem like a normal life is really in the cards for our favorite Hawkins' residents after their past experiences with the Upside Down, but on Halloween night they try their best to be normal. The kids go trick-or-treating dressed up as the Ghostbusters, the teenagers go to a wild party, Joyce and Bob have a quiet night in together, and Hopper tries to cheer up Eleven by bringing her candy. However, as always, the supernatural elements of the Upside Down creep into Will's mind and interfere with everyone else as well. This episode is spooky and fun!

6. "The Vampire Diaries" - 'Haunted' (Season 1, Episode 7)

This show has it all: vampires, witches, wolves, you name it! Nearly any episode could put you in the spirit for spooky season, but this one in particular centers around Halloween. Things get a little dangerous when the Mystic Falls Halloween dance is disrupted by an out of control Vicki, who is Jeremy's girlfriend, recently turned vampire. When she gives in to her vampire urges, Stefan is forced to kill her in order to save Elena and Jeremy. Not exactly the fun night they were all planning on...

7. "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" - 'The Ghost in Suite 613' (Season 1, Episode 19)

What an instant classic for all of my late 90s and early 2000s babies! I remember when I was little and this episode genuinely scared me. When the Tipton hotel gang decides to spend the night in a haunted suite, things turn spooky when Esteban appears to be possessed by the ghost of the suite herself. One by one, each member of the group mysteriously disappears from the room until Zack is the only one left. If you want something fun, light-hearted, and a tad spooky, watch this episode.

8. "Black Mirror" - 'Playtest' (Season 3, Episode 2)

I am not exaggerating when I say that this "Black Mirror" episode gave me nightmares. My virtual reality professor screened this episode in class for all of us and I was so shocked by it that I thought about it for the rest of the day. When a thrill-seeking man looks for work, he ends up working as a game tester for a gaming company that is experimenting with virtual reality, or VR. Things start out innocent and intriguing for the man, until in the last test when things become much too real. The ending of this episode made my jaw drop.

9. "Modern Family" - 'Halloween' (Season 2, Season 6)

Trick-or-treating at the Dunphy house is on a whole other level of impressive with decorations, costumes, and interactive trick-or-treating. However, it doesn't go quite as planned when Jay hurts Glorias feelings, leading her to act strangely during the elaborate trick-or-treating experience that Claire and Phil created. This is a great episode if you want to laugh and reminisce about your own family's Halloween nights.

10. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" - 'Halloween' (Season 2, Episode 6)

Everyone wants to be someone they're not on Halloween, right? Well in this episode of "Buffy," the villain Ethan Rayne takes that concept a bit too seriously. Rayne runs a costume shop that turns his buyers into the costume that they wear, leading to quite the chaotic night of trick-or-treating.

11. "Friends" - 'The One With The Halloween Party' (Season 8, Episode 6)

Chandler's pink bunny costume outshines all other costumes in this fun episode of "Friends." Ross and Chandler fight over who could win in a fight and Phoebe meets her twin Ursula's, fiancé, who really doesn't know Ursula at all. This episode is packed with fun Halloween antics and I enjoy looking at all of the characters' costumes.

12. "Charmed" - 'All Halliwell's Eve' (Season 3, Episode 4)

The "Charmed" sisters take on Halloween in a bit of a non-traditional way by traveling back in time on the holiday to save a baby from being born into the hands of evil. Phoebe channels her inner-stereotypical witch by flying across the sky on a broomstick and cackling manically, which is sure to make you laugh if you are a fan of the show.

13. "New Girl" - 'Halloween' (Season 2, Episode 6)

Jess is the last person you would expect to see working at a haunted house because of her goofy personality, but she tries her best with her new job. The whole squad spends the night at a fun Halloween carnival with carousels, pumpkin carving, fair food, and of course the haunted house. I love watching them all try to figure out their relationships while dressed in silly costumes.

14. "Bones" - 'Mummy in the Maze' (Season 3, Episode 5)

Fantastically dressed as Wonder Woman, Dr. Brennan and Agent Booth, who dressed up as a nerd, rush to save a kidnapped girl from the clutches of an evil killer. Previously in the episode, a real-life mummy was found in a Halloween maze, prompting the dynamic duo to go on the hunt for the murder. They spend their day trying to find clues to her location by looking in a funhouse, Halloween maze, and a church charity, and find him dressed as a clown in an old, abandoned warehouse. Once again, I really hate clowns.

Whatever kind of mood you are in this Halloween, I hope you try out at least one of these episodes to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year. Happy Halloween everyone!