The Cheapest Finds For All Your Sorority's Themed Events

It's hard not to buy a new outfit for every event you have coming up, so don't make it cost you too much.

12
Julie Myers

When you join a sorority, there are so many different events that you have throughout the year. There are socials, date parties, formals, philanthropy events, nights out with friends, themed birthday parties, and so much more. As a girl, it's so difficult not to feel the need to buy a new outfit for a new event anyways, whether it be a wedding or concert, so having so many themed events coming up increases the drive to spend money so much more. Yet with dues, dress down chapters, and other events, money can become scarce. A lot of times you need a quick fix, so here's a list of places to find clothes to fit your themed event for cheap.

1. Walmart

Yes, Walmart has so many cheap sweatshirts and items that you can DIY on a budget. They have thousands of accessories and party items, so visit Walmart to find something cheap.

2. SHEIN

Although sometimes people get nervous about ordering from here, I have yet to really have a completely terrible experience with them. The only thing is some items have cheaper material than others, but my advice is to check the reviews before purchasing. Typically, the reviews have pictures of people who ordered the item already on, which really helps as far as seeing the quality. Anyways, if you don't like it, you can always return it, too.

3. ZAFUL

This is the same situation as SHEIN. Cute clothes for super cheap and a very large variety.

4. ROMWE

Probably the lowest ranked out of all of these suggestions, it still has some treasures and is worth looking into.

5. Thrift Stores

Try Goodwill or your local thrift store. You can DIY items and find some pretty unique stuff for the low. You can even make a fun day trip out of it with your sisters.

6. Curtsy 

It's an app where you can resell clothes, so although they might be slightly worn or used, you can still get pretty quality items for cheaper than they were originally bought for. No more full price! As a bonus, you could even sell the stuff you buy again on the app once you're done with it and get your money back.

7. Wish

Another app where you can find so many small items for cheap. I've gotten earrings where all I had to pay for was the shipping. Plus, they have more than just clothing items, so anything you're looking for they most likely have!

8. H&M

Although it might be harder to find exactly what you're looking for, there are definitely hidden gems if you look hard enough.

9. Forever 21

I'm not sure how much longer they'll even be around, so take advantage of all the sales they have going on and get some cute items for even cheaper than they already were!

10. Your sisters' closets

In the end, if you don't have something and you can't find anything online, it can be almost guaranteed that one of your sorority sisters has what you're looking for or something cute for you to borrow in their closet. If you've scoured every boutique, local store, online store, and everything on this list, then try your sisters. You won't even have to spend a dime!