8 Cheap Date Ideas That All College Students Should Know About

Because some of the greatest moments in life are free.

27
Society Bride

One of the most repetitious problems in being apart of a relationship is finding things to do together that aren't the same things you did yesterday, and the day before that. Because we are college students working in theatre, money is usually an issue. More than once my boyfriend and I have been sitting around and then, suddenly, the idea strikes one of us for an inexpensive date! These are eight of our date ideas that worked for us, so hopefully they will work for you!

1. Go to the craft store each of you pick out something to make the other person.

You can get extremely creative with this date night! Imagination is your limit. I recently did this with my boyfriend. I got a tiny, plushy food kit and he got a stitching craft, and we made each other gifts for our anniversary!

2. Play "Pokemon GO" and explore new locations and Pokestops.

This is a great way to let out your inner nerd while being active and socializing with new people! "Pokemon GO" has become a very popular game around the world. You can even take pictures with your new favorite Pokemon on your date! (I caught a bunch of Vulpix!)

3. Have a picnic and bring your hammock!

This is a lovely mid morning date when it’s not too hot outside, and not too cool. Pack your significant other’s favorite snacks and sandwich and head on out to a lovely place by the lake or by a field of flowers. Afterward you can both snuggle up and talk in your hammock enjoying each other’s company and the fresh air.

4. Sit on the couch with your favorite foods and watch a movie neither of you have seen.

Chinese food is always my go to. However, other foods would work to! Just grab it, put on your favorite pjs, and hunker down for a movie that will either rock or flop. Either way you’ll enjoy the company and delicious food.

5. Take a late night drive down the interstate blasting music with the windows down.

On weird or bad days this short date is always a way that my boyfriend and I can end on a happy note. Inspired by "Perks of Being a Wallflower" we started doing these refreshing car rides to help us feel infinite. Just blast your favorite music and let it flow through the cool night air.

6. Wash each others cars!

This one might seem odd, but spraying each other down with those hose, then basking in your finish masterpiece together is a pretty great bonding experience. You’ll also enjoy riding in a clean car for your late night rides.

7. Have a photo shoot, and explore new talents.

When you have nothing else to do dress up however you want, go to a place with good lightening, and just take photos! It’s a fun way to be artistic and spontaneous. You also get to hang out with your best friend for a while and tell them how handsome or gorgeous they are!

8. Hang out with their family, and yours!

This is an overlooked date night, and may not seem like one at all! But if you are seriously dating your significant other getting to know his or her family is vital. Take a night out and get dinner with the family. Maybe watch a movie together, or have a game night. You’ll learn plenty about them and they will get to know more about you!