Christmas Gift Ideas For Broke College Students

12 Christmas Gift Ideas For The Broke College Student Who Refuses To Be A Scrooge

After all, it's the thought that counts.

107

Christmas is right around the corner and it's the time of the year when you're trying to find Christmas gifts for everyone on a budget of about twenty dollars. You don't have to have a lot of money to still give gifts that people enjoy. While the people in your life deserve more than you can give them, your gift will mean a lot to them, especially if you make it personal. After all, it's the thought that counts.

It's OK, we've all been there. Here are 12 Christmas gift ideas that won't break your bank.

1. Baked goods

There are tons of different sweets to make this time of year, like a southern favorite, Christmas white trash. You can simply make the holiday sugar cookies everyone loves or use Pinterest to make your baked goods look so good no one will want to eat them.

2. Bath salts

These are extremely simple to make and smell SO good. All you need is Epsom salt, essential oils, and food coloring if you want to add some color.

3. Gift card

You can get a gift card from almost anywhere, add ten to fifteen dollars and your gift shopping is done. If you're feeling creative, you can make a cute gift card holder.

4. Books

Paperback books are typically inexpensive. You can get a book that you love or one that the person has been wanting. It's the perfect gift that can be used while snuggled by a fire or laying out on the beach.

5. Mug

Mugs are relatively cheap and make a really good gift. You can paint your own or buy one with a design on it already.

6. Painted canvas

All you need for this gift is paint and a canvas. You can paint their name, favorite quotes or a Christmas design that they will be able to hang up during the holidays.

7. Ornament

These are super easy and fun to make! You can go really fancy or more simple, but either way, the person will always think of you when they add the ornament you made to their tree.

8.  Candy or snacks

Buy the person's favorite candy and attach a Christmas pun to it. You could even buy their favorite snacks if they're not a big candy person.

9. Picture frame

You can buy a cute one or you can design one yourself. Add a picture of you and your friend, family member, or boyfriend/girlfriend and you're good to go! You can even add a personal message on the back to make it even more special.

10. Sugar scrub 

All you need for this DIY gift is granulated sugar, coconut oil, an essential oil, and food coloring. Mix all of these ingredients together and you're finished.

11. Water bottle

Everyone could always use a water bottle and you can fill it with whatever you want! From a hot chocolate kit to things that the person likes, for example, fuzzy socks or a key chain.

12. A letter full of reasons the person is so important to you

This is really special to anyone you make this gift for; your parents, relatives, or even friends. You can fill it with inside jokes, things they've done for you, or anything that you love them for. You can get really creative with this, it doesn't just have to be a letter. You can also include fun dates or trips to do in the future.