Cheap Christmas Dates!

Cheap Christmas Dates!

This time of year makes for a great time to be dating, but it also makes for tight wallets. Here's my solution!

4
Cheap Christmas Dates!
Deavon Smith-Collins

So Christmas is coming up, and love seems to be in the air for a lot of my friends. I've decided to dedicate this one to all the new couples that I know and love ;) I know the Christmas season is all about joy and laughter and love and light, but sometimes, especially when you have a significant other or when you're trying to woo someone lovely, it can get really expensive! I've always been pretty broke around the holidays, but I have found that the dates below can be pretty great and pretty cheap! Y'all stay warm!

1. Go look at Christmas lights!

When CJ came to my place for Christmas break, he was thrown into mine and my mom's traditional lights on the square. In Fayetteville, every single year, there are beautiful lights everywhere. There's even a carriage that's decorated with lights! It's 100% free to go see some lights, and it's 100% beautiful!

2. Walk around a city square

While walking around the square and viewing the lights, we couldn't help but stop at a few of the small businesses around the square. Typically the city square is full of small businesses, especially sweets shops! That's my favorite, anyway. When CJ walked the square with us, we all went to a cupcake bakery. Let me just say, I found my new small business love, because those cupcakes were the BEST! We also checked out a few clothing shops and tried on some hats and masks. That was definitely a treat! Anyway, taking a walk around the square is a great way to support your local business and cozy up with that special someone, even if you only window shop.

3. Decorate

Of course, decorations are everywhere for the holidays, so why not partake in the fun? Get a cheap little tree and either buy cheap ornaments, or make some on your own! Don't want to fuss with a tree? Then put lights around your room, and hang ornaments from the lights to add a little holiday flair! Keep it simple, or go all out! The choice is yours. Throw in some hot chocolate while you're at it for a bonus!

4. Watch movies

Speaking of hot chocolate, nothing goes better with cocoa than movies! Find your favorite fuzzy blanket, a couple of good movies (Harry Potter is always a great holiday marathon pick), dim the lights, and enjoy the movie! Of course, that's also the perfect time to cuddle up to each other. Make sure to make it a bit chilly in the room so you two aren't sweating out your holiday cheer!

5. Ice skating

I learned how to ice skate around this time of year when I went to Little Rock with CJ. It was really hard at first, but it was a lot of fun. We were lucky and there were only two other people in the rink. It was great because it was cold, the holiday music was going, and of course I got to hold on to the man I love! Yeah, I fell a few times, but you know what? I enjoyed every bit of it! Plus, ice skating usually only costs about $10.