To The Organization That Has Changed My Life, Indefinitely

ForTheKids all day, everyday.

133

Charleston Miracle, formerly known as Dance Marathon at CofC, is a philanthropic organization dedicated to raising funds for our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital right down the street from campus.

After attending my first Dance Marathon as a Sophmore at The College, I was hooked.

My Grand-Big was on the executive board, and I saw how passionate she was about this cause, which in turn, sparked a fire in me. One of my best friends was on the executive board as well, proving that this cause was something worth investing time in and fighting for.

So, little ole' me decided to apply for the executive board of this organization as a rising Junior. I had no idea that when I did this, my heart would forever be bonded to this cause and the kids that we are constantly fighting alongside.

I served as the Director of Public Relations my Junior year, and am currently serving as the Director of Morale this year... #HYPE.

As Director of Morale, I am responsible for choreographing a 6-minute dance for all of the participants to learn the day of our actual event, CougarThon. I have a committee that helps we with the dance and hypes up our participants up throughout the 13 hour day.

As I am in the final stretch of my time here at The College, I cannot help but to thank this organization for helping me to develop not only professionally, but personally as well.

Charleston Miracle as a whole raised over $115,000 last year for the development of the Shawn Jenkins Hospital being built right down the street from us here at The College and will continue to astonish me with every goal that we continuously surpass over the years.

While it might feel taxing to attend weekly meetings, sometimes 3 times a week, I love this organization more than anything.

Charleston Miracle as a whole has brought out a passion in me that I would never have put into action if I had not attended my first Dance Marathon ever my Sophomore year.

This organization has moved mountains and will continue to move me as my time at The College comes to an end.

For The Kids.

All day.

Everyday.