10 Subtle Ways to Channel Your Inner Childhood Obsessions

Because you should never stop believing in magic

23

Ever wonder when its time to stop wearing character themed clothing...well now you don't have to. While it is understandably childish in various settings for a 20-something-year-old to be walking around in a Winnie the Pooh shirt outside, it doesn't mean you should stop channeling your inner child. With these 10 subtle ways to channel your inner childhood obsessions I hope that I can change some people's perspective on giving up their love for their childhood icons and obsessions.

Necklaces and Chokers

Harry Potter Necklace

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjW9vzQAEB9/?tagged=harrypotternecklace

To start off with, necklaces and chokers are the probably the classiest way to channel your inner childhood love for fandoms and different classic characters. This necklace above is just one of the thousands of pop culture themed necklaces out there to shop for. What is even more interesting is the fact that they are actually small online stores that specialize in making these type of necklaces which I totally recommend any reader interested in maybe picking up a necklace of this sort to look into!

Keychains

Disney Ears Keychain

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfb65HiBBqO/?tagged=disneykeychains

This backpack that I have included in this article is actually one that I've had my eye on for months. For those of you who love Nightmare Before Christmas, this may be a perfect addition to your bag collection, and for those of you who don't, I'm sure there is a perfect bag out there for you too! Mini backpacks have been extremely trendy in the apt two years since becoming almost a staple item in people's closet after their debut at music festivals like Coachella. Therefore, incorporating a little geekiness into an otherwise super trendy fashion staple doesn't seem too bad.

Mugs

Toy Story Mug

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be4PJoqlqov/?taken-by=boxlunchgifts

Mugs are by far my most favorite thing to collect and when it comes to mugs, the more the merrier. So in other words, if you want to splurge on movie or T.V themed mugs, I completely approve!

Phone cases

FRIENDS phone case

https://www.instagram.com/p/4mDC0iN_ZU/?tagged=friendsphonecase

Phone cases can definitely say a lot about a person as everyone in this day and age is constantly on their phones. This Friends phone case is a perfect example of a pop culture themed case that would be age appropriate but fun at the same time. As I'm sure all my readers know phone cases are not to difficult to find, so you can basically check any website for the themed case you are looking for!

Socks

Disney Park Socks

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj23H4UHOKE/?utm_source=ig_embed

Socks, whether they are completely hidden or knee high, they can always manage to tell the world a little bit about you. For most 9 to 5 jobs, wearing bright themed socks is not recommended, however, on the weekends grabbing a quick bite out for lunch or doing errands, I say why not!

Cookie Jars

Stitch Cookie Jar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeD0yTYF7eB/?taken-by=boxlunchgifts

Blame it on the younger siblings, cousins, or even kids for this one. Character themed cookie jars are really cute and colorful that it only makes sense someone would want to get their hands on one of their preference. For me, I think the Star Wars ones are really awesome but that's just me. Be sure to check online for deals running for cookie jars and even your local stores!

Coffee Maker

Iron Man Coffee Maker

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8_vQRhnEf/?taken-by=boxlunchalamoana

Coffee makers are essentials in almost every household in America, so why not give your mornings a little splash of color with a themed coffee maker. This Iron Man coffee maker is one of the many coffee makers I have seen in stores and online, that are character themed, and I must say they definitely look just as cool in pictures as they do in person!

Makeup

Snow White Makeup Kit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BixCsv8APyV/?taken-by=besamecosmetics

Themed makeup has actually become quite popular in the past year or two so, incorporating your favorite characters into your beauty routine in beautifully crafted sets such as this one inspired by Snow White should not be problem in germs of style! However, be careful when ordering any of these sets online as you do not want cheap play-makeup coming to your house!

Ties

Character Ties

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjpbI1-ll_0/?taken-by=boxlunchgifts

For more laidback occasions character themes ties, without actual faces and slogans, is a really great way in my opinion for anyone to express their love for certain fandoms in an age appropriate yet carefree manner. Ties come in a million different patterns so it should not be a problem snatching up a tie with a few Scooby Snacks or Willy Wonka bars on it for a decent price.

Lotions and Soaps

Mickey Ears Soap

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1ZlO2hbWe/?tagged=mickeysoap

Now last but not least, body lotions and soaps! While these are not so publicly seen by your colleagues or fellow peers, you may want to spice it up by using multiple different soaps such as Mickey and Minnie soaps...just a thought. I actually was gifted a really cute Disney body lotion and I must say they smell just as good or better usually than regular name brand soaps!