There Are Many Things That I Could Change So Slightly

But why would I succumb to something so unlike me?

56

Jess Glynne and Ed Sheeran paired up late last year to write and record Thursday. The first time I heard it, I loved it and couldn't stop listening to it. Why? Because it's incredibly relatable. Aren't we all tired of not feeling like we're enough? Aren't we all sick of being fake and "covering up"? Don't we all want to embrace and accept those specific flaws and character traits that we hate about ourselves? Below, I typed out the song lyrics, going through the first set of verses, into the chorus, and then the second set of verses. I added my own commentary below each picture in hopes of encouraging you and bringing you to hope. Wanting to stick with the theme of "beautiful" from the song, I found an article that has pictures of women from all over the world. They all look different, but they are all truly beautiful. It's as if we are all made in the image of our Creator.

1. I won’t wear makeup on Thursday.  I’m sick of covering up.

Romania

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362536

Makeup can be a ton of fun, but for some women, it can be a hassle. Maybe you wear makeup on a regular basis, but just want to change things up. Go for it! Go a day bare-faced and see how it makes you feel. Personally, I like to go one day a week without makeup, just to give my skin a rest. It makes me more appreciative of makeup when I put it on the next day.

2. I’m tired of feeling so broken.  I’m tired of falling in love.

Ethiopia

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362594

Feel stuck in a rut? Feel like nothing is ever going to change? I saw this on an anonymous Facebook post several months ago: "The biggest lie we tell ourselves is that nothing will ever change." Step out and make a change in your life, no matter how small the change may be. The first step isn't the whole journey (duh!), but it's a step in the right direction.

3. Sometimes I’m shy and I’m anxious, sometimes I’m down on my knees.  Sometimes I try to embrace all my insecurities.

China

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362728

This song is an open book: No matter how perfect someone looks, no matter how wonderful their life seems, there is something (or possibly many things) they struggle with. You don't see all the nights they cry themselves to sleep. You don't see their inner scars. Stop comparing yourself to them. The only person that gets hurt in that situation is yourself.

4. So I won’t wear makeup on Thursday, cause who I am is enough.  There are many things that I could change so slightly.

Brazil

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362614

Yes, there are many things that you can change. Look for ways to improve yourself. Learn a new skill. Reach out to the lonely. Laugh at the little joys of everyday life. Who you are is enough because God knitted you together, perfectly imperfect.

5. But why would I succumb to something so unlike me?  I was always told to just be myself.

Latvia

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362612

At some point you're going to have to be okay with yourself. You can run, but you can never escape yourself (believe me, I've tried). Your life is going to suck if you try to be someone who is not you. Be yourself. Yep, that's it.

6. Don’t change, for anyone.  I wanna laugh, I don’t wanna cry.

Afghanistan

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362748

I used to think that if I wore certain clothes, talked a specific way, acted in a proper manner, and smiled at just the right moments that people would like me more and I'd have more friends. After trying this several times, I realized that changing myself just so people would like me (for someone I'm not) was a total waste of time. Ain't nobody got time to be someone else! Live in your own shoes, not someone else's.

7. Don’t want these tears inside my eyes.  Don’t wanna wake up and feel insecure.

Columbia

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362538

Wouldn't it feel so nice to wakeup and be secure in who God made you to be? Guess what? You can! It takes effort and strength to walk in confidence, but knowing who your Creator is and why you're here on Earth is a huge confidence builder. Sometimes you have to fake it because you won't always believe it, but once you start living with this confidence, it'll become much more natural to wakeup and feel secure.

8. I wanna sing, I wanna dance, I wanna feel love inside my hands again.  I just wanna feel beautiful.

Angola

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362534

Say nice things to people, don't be afraid to be honest, laugh out loud, and be kind to those who don't show you kindness. Beauty is not about how look, but about how you act. While looks play a role, they certainly aren't everything.

9. I’ll wear my sweatpants on Thursday.  And I’ll drink sloe gin from a can.

India

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362508

We all know how good it feels to come home, put on comfy clothes, and chill. While I personally don't drink, some people find that relaxing. I like drinking herbal tea or decaf coffee when I'm chilling. The nice thing about "just chilling" is that you can be you, all wrapped up in your comfy clothes.

10. I’ll build my own independence.  I don’t always need a man.

Peru

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362646

Now ladies, for those of us that are looking for a relationship, know that you don't need a man to be satisfied and happy in life. As annoying and cliche as it is to say, the right guy will for sure come along when the time is right. There is only one man that you do need, though, and He is the only perfect man to have ever lived: Jesus. You don't need to pull some silly line when you find yourself to be single again on Valentine's Day: "Jesus is my boyfriend." No, quit that nonsense. Jesus is your savior, not a boyfriend replacement. Be independent, but don't demean men. Everything is better when we work as a team.

11. You know sometimes I feel lonely, could do with the company.  Oh I get high when I’m down, but you know that’s alright with me.

Tajikistan

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362702

Yes, sometimes you'll be lonely. And that's ok. Lean in to God's word when you're lonely. As cheesy or dorky as it sounds, get back on "high" knowing that God never leaves you. It's us who walk away from Him. Come back to Him because there's no better place to be.

12. So I will do nothing on Thursday.  Sit alone and be.

USA

https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-beauty-atlas-mihaela-noroc/?media_id=362579

You're going to feel down, feel worthless, and feel like you're not enough. We all have those days. How do you pull yourself out? By telling yourself that it's not true. By sitting alone sometimes, writing it all out, and being ok with yourself. It's going to be a lifelong battle of fighting our fleshly desires and feelings, but we have the right tools thanks to our loving Father.