Taking Chances

Second semester has been a whirlwind so far. It has felt different than every other semester for reasons I can not exactly point out. For some reason, it just feels like this semester is going to be a good one. I have seen my roommates more in the past 3 weeks than what feels like this whole year and truly do have the best group of people around me. My best friend Suz, who you guys might remember from a previous post, is off doing amazing things in Spain. We miss her like crazy and the house definitely is not the same without her, this is for sure another reason this semester seems so different. Altogether though, I just feel really truly blessed by the people I am surrounded by and the opportunities life is showing me at the moment.

The main source of how crazy this semester has been is the fact that I completely changed my life plans. I thought I had it all together- had all the contacts and connections, all the hours, even a grad school picked out. I came up with my own plan for my life and thought I could ignore His. However, I felt undoubtedly called to change. God put a certain career on my heart a long time ago, for as long as I can remember actually, but I was scared to accept the change. Mainly because I did not know why. Why would I change plans now when I already have my life planned out? And to be honest, I am still not sure why God is having me change up my propositions. All I know is that He has called me to this profession and is equipping me with the skills to carry out His mission.

I am 100% a planner by nature. I like to have it all mapped out, every minute of every day. I want to know what needs to be done and when, what people need and what I can do. But in reality, sometimes the best things come from being unexpected and totally random. It seems crazy to me that although I am typically this way, I was able to change up my entire life for reasons I am still finding out, yet I feel nothing but comfort about it. The only thing I can conclude is that God is a giver and a teacher and lets us in one His plans that are far better than ours.

I don't know what this transition in plans is going to result in, but as cheesy as it may sound, life is meant for taking chances. How boring would our lives be if we only did what made us feel comfortable? Trust me, this is scary for me too, but also so so exciting. My new plan has been in the works since I was little, but it is just now becoming a reality.

All in all this semester has been giving. Although it has felt so much different than the others, it has been kind and giving. This new journey and new college career is going to be a crazy good one now that I have answered my call by taking a chance. And it helps to have an amazing support system by your side- having my roommates, best friends, and family along for all of this change has made it even sweeter.

If there is anything you get out of this post, I hope it is that it is okay to be scared of change. If you are also having an unusual semester full of revamps, remember it is completely normal to feel anxious, but it is important to recognize that these feelings are only temporary. Trust in your faith and the skills you have been given to strategically follow your mission. Take a chance- you won't regret it!