To The Man Who Changed My Life

To The Man Who Changed My Life

I love you to Pluto and back.

470
To The Man Who Changed My Life
Kennedy Thomas ADA Studio

To the man who helped me through,

I can never think of the right words to tell you exactly how thankful I am for you, so I never really stop writing for you. I have written letter upon letter, poem upon poem for you. Since the day I met you, my life has changed for the better. I'm so grateful that I had you by my side for the majority of my first year of college. I'm sure that everything would've been so different without you there. Of course, I have wonderful friends that are always here for me. That said, no one knows how to help me through a tough time like you do.

There have been so many ups and downs in my first year so many miles away from the people who got me through my first 18 years in this world, but you stepped up. You were always the first to console me when I didn't do as well as I had hoped on an exam and the first to make me feel invincible when I did well on an assignment. I will always be grateful for the way you've made me feel about myself, the pride I've never really had for my achievements until you.

Beyond school work, I struggle with my anxiety on a regular basis. Its amazing to me how just one easy, dimpled smile from you can make everything melt away. Even when I've been at my worst, crying and getting sick from the stress of life, you haven't even flinched. I am so incredibly lucky to have found someone who accepts me for who I am and only wants to help me grow and overcome my problems.

For most of my life, I've always said that I don't need a man in my life, that I would never get attached to someone because they would only hurt me if I let them close enough. As I've grown in the past year, I've learned that I can still be independent and have someone special in my life. Being in a relationship doesn't mean that I have to give up who I am, I'd just never been in the right relationship before.

Seven months may not seem like a lot to some, but for someone with a history of commitment issues and anxiety, seven months is incredibly long. With you though, no amount of time really seems long enough. Thank you for always being there, accepting me for who I am, and teaching me to love myself.

I love you to Pluto and back.