What your Chacos are saying about you?

What your Chacos are saying about you?

Exploring the trend

142
What your Chacos are saying about you?
Rachel Witt

Everyone enjoys comfortable shoes that are easy to slip on for when on the go. For me, those shoes are my Chacos. I received my first pair of Chacos two years ago as I had a full schedule of summer camps, and needed a pair of shoes that would last all summer. I fell in love with the zig zap straps and comfortable sole. Although my daddy once told me he considers them a form of birth control, I reminded with a little southern sass that probably wasn’t a bad thing. Despite that "characteristic", there are four other things in my opinion that every Chaco wearer has in common.

1. The Adventure Spirit

If you own a pair of Chacos you most likely enjoy hiking, canoeing, or basically anything outdoors related. My Chacos have faced many mountain trails, river streams, and camping trips. They are the perfect shoe to get a little dirt on while being easy to clean after the adventure is over.

2. The College Student

Many Chacos can be seen on college campuses around the United States. Chacos match perfectly with the oversized T-shirt and Nike shorts when headed to class. They are also easy to slip on after you've overslept, and only have ten minutes to make it to your 8 a.m.

3. Church-Goer/Jesus Lover

Now this one might be a little farfetched, but in my experience if you own Chacos you label yourself as a Christian. Nor would I like this characteristic to offend anyone, but I attend a Baptist university and 98% of the student body owns a pair of Chacos. There was even an event for one of the social clubs called Chacos and Tacos. Sounds like a fiesta if you ask me! Chacos are the go-to shoe for when going to church camp or on a mission trip because of the reliability/comfort of the shoe.

4. The Laidback Attitude

Chaco lovers seem to put off the idea that going with the flow is better than being stressed out. (Which in my opinion is the way life should flow, get it?) Ha, OK back to my point. On any given day, you could probably find someone wearing Chacos relaxing in a hammock listening to some smooth tunes or reading a book.

I am sure I did not hit these 100 percent and am know there are many different ways describe someone that is not based on what kind of shoe they are wearing, but as a Chaco wearer myself I have accepted these as some of my personality traits, and have seen them in many of my friend who also love their Chacos dearly. Now, that the weather is warming up it's time to put on the Chacos and go for hike hoping when you return you have that wicked zig zag pattern tanned onto your feet.

Adventure is awaiting.