Celebrity Criticism & Comebacks

Celebrity Criticism & Comebacks

553
Celebrity Criticism & Comebacks

Some celebrities actually read your hateful comments even when there are thousands of others doing the same, and one of these days they may even respond in a way you would've never have guessed.

There are a few celebrities that take criticism lightly over social networks and seem to brush it off. In the end, it really doesn’t matter what a few haters say right?  Well, in some instances these gods that we worship through music or other networks like to get back at their haters in the most humorous ways. A few including Anderson Cooper, Rihanna and Tom Anderson have their own simple ways of neglecting the harsh criticism that is thrown at them they do it with the wittiest of comebacks that it’s hard to lose their respect.

One of my favorites is Anderson Cooper and his openly gay but charming threats at people who are ignorant and childish. His best has to be responding to a tweet directed toward him stating “One great thing about #Putin he hates #gays #LGBT”. With his remark he said “For someone who claims to be straight, you sure do tweet and think a lot about gay men. Ever wonder why that might be?” If you share the same hatred for ignorant people who have no place to talk, you’re going to love Anderson Cooper’s tweets on the daily. 

Another favorite in the angry tweeting world is the famous singer, Rihanna. Although she may have a bad reputation in some areas of her life, she sure doesn’t seem to care what the critics have to say. When MTV tweeted at her with a snide remark about how her marijuana usage in public at Coachella sparked controversy, she had a simple but demeaning response of,  “@rihanna ran out of f*s to give”. This is derogatory but in a sense it gives me the notion that these celebrities are real people. They finally leave the immortal god status and join us on planet earth. I love seeing when celebrities speak the same way I do on social media: informal and funny. 

Last but not least the creator of Myspace tunes in with his so-called fans and goes straight for the kill on this one. Random annoying fan tweets “says the guy that can’t keep a social network alive”. Although this isn’t too bad of an insult, Tom takes it to heart and responds “says the guy who sold myspace for 580 million while you slave away hoping for a half day off.” Again, this just puts a smile on my face because if someone was ranting about my flaws or insecurities, I would definitely rant back, even though these mindless tweets mean next to nothing to the celebrities at hand. All I’m asking for is more celebrities to be real with their fans and critics and act like they belong with all the rest of us. If that means a few trash talking tweets, then count me in.