12 Signs You Start Celebrating Christmas Way Too Early

But no one is saying that is a bad thing.

338
YouTube

With all of the excitement that the end of the year brings, it is easy for some of us to get carried away with the holiday spirit. Halloween has come and gone, and if you are anything like me, all you have on your mind is one thing: Christmas. Yes, I understand Thanksgiving comes next but my love for Christmas cannot be tamed.

The excitement of shopping for gifts, seeing loved ones, and celebrating the season is enough for you to forget about Turkey Day. Although I do love Thanksgiving, it does not hold that special place in my heart quite like Christmas. So I’m sorry Pilgrims, but while my dad is carving the turkey on Thanksgiving I’ll be planning my Black Friday Christmas list.

Here are 12 signs that you start celebrating Christmas way too early:

1. You start playing Christmas music on November 1.

If you heard Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” blasting early on the first of November, there is a 110 percent chance it was me.

2. You hang up more Christmas lights in your room because there aren’t already enough as is.

Chances are you already have Christmas lights hanging in your room. Chances are you plan on hanging more up for Christmas. What’s Christmas without a ton of Christmas lights? Sounds like a Christmas I don’t want to be a part of.

3. You put up your tree ASAP.

No way to start the season a month early than putting up your tree.

4. You break out the Christmas apparel one article of clothing at a time.

November 1: Christmas socks

November 15: Santa hat

December 1: Christmas onesie

5. You have your Christmas list on a Google doc ready to send to mom.

“Dear mom,

I am not asking for much this Christmas since you do so much for me anyway. All I ask for is money. Why? Because I’m poor.

Love,

Your broke college student”

6. You have your shopping list ready for those you are buying gifts for.

Make sure you have: mom, dad, siblings, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, the rest of your family, the professor for the class where you need to bump your grade up, the guy at Dunkin’s that knows your order by heart, and most importantly...your dog.

7. You give spare change to every Santa you see outside the grocery store.

The Salvation Army Santa’s are the TRUE definition of Christmas spirit. They stand out there for the next two months or so collecting money for those in need. Rain or shine, they will be out there even on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Please make sure you give them whatever you can this season.

8. You shop online or at thrift stores for ANOTHER ugly Christmas sweater.

Because one, two, three, or 10 are not enough. For Christmas sake, just get a new one every year.

9. You “pregame” the ABC Family (not FreeForm, sorry not sorry) 25 Days of Christmas by watching every Christmas movie available on Netflix.

"Frosty the Snowman," "Miracle on 34th Street," "Christmas with the Kranks," and other Netflix available Christmas movies will be on my to-do list until ABC plays them for 25 days straight.

10. You stop by Starbucks primarily for the holiday-themed cups.

As an iced coffee addict, I will switch to hot coffee to enjoy the festive cups. It’s worth it for the holiday spirit.

11. You start baking the Christmas-themed sugar cookies.

Don’t try to act like you do not know which cookies I am talking about. I am 100 percent talking about the ones with the Christmas trees on them. Pure sugary goodness. Thank you, Pillsbury Doughboy.

12. You can barely make it through the month of November without mentioning Christmas in every other sentence.

… and it’s only November 6.