Celebrating 1 Year With Odyssey

Celebrating 1 Year With Odyssey

1 year of being on an amazing team.

31
Celebrating 1 Year With Odyssey
Odyssey

One year ago, on October 4th, I wrote my first article as a creator for UAlbany Odyssey. I am so glad I made the decision to join this community. As a journalism major, I wanted to find a way to practice my writing and get my work out there. The Odyssey gives you an amazing opportunity to do that, as well as making some awesome friends along the way. My fellow creators are great, motivating people, and we’re always there for each other. I am so happy I was able to meet them while doing what I love the most—writing.

As a celebration of my one year, I’d like to point out a few of my favorite articles I’ve ever written. My number one article has to be “My Weight Loss Surgery Story.” I waited months and months to write that story up and have the courage to post it for everyone to see. Well, it was one of the greatest things I’ve ever done. I got a lot of good feedback and even a few people who wanted to have surgery asking me questions about the process. My surgery is a part of me, and I’m glad I have this platform to share that story with everyone.

Another one of my favorite articles is “Love Has No Racial Boundary.” My wonderful boyfriend, Elvis and I have been dating for over 15 months. I’m white, he’s brown. We love each other, and people who care about race should get over it! I wanted to really put the message out that you can love anyone of any color. Interracial couples are great since we can share our cultures and learn so many new things every day. I love my interracial relationship and wouldn’t have it any other way.

I would love to thank the entire UAlbany Odyssey team for being such great friends and giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with the world. I look forward to seeing what my next year on this team has in store for me!