How Do Our Cats Reflect Our Own Personalities?

Could it be that the animals that live with us are just like us?

9
Katie Gray

This cat, Luna, is sleeping peacefully and seems to be a simple adornment to the couch, but she is actually quite a people cat. Anyone who enters the house will be greeted by her and required to hold her in their lap and give her much undivided attention. She is content to sit with someone and wag her tail as she purrs and rubs her head on your hand for some added love. She hardly ever sleeps alone and often meows for attention.

I know people who are similar, wanting to feel loved and to receive attention almost always; people who often talk and share ideas and dreams, looking for hugs and support and most of all ... attention.

Next there is the cat on the cover image, Tiger. She is a menace, a terror, and also a sweetheart. She is something of a mess, young, strong and active. She is the one to tear something apart in the house and to start a play fight with the older cats. She is the only one who roams around outside daily and even sometimes sleeps outside. She is often caught out in a rain storm or the cold. When she returns, though, she is loving and purrs alot. She shows up at the door after a day out roaming and is then content to be calm and rest with her beloved humans.

I am like this cat. I can be calm and still for quite some time. But there will come a moment when I must go out and explore. I often search for an outdoor activity or an interesting event to spark up my days, and I am sure to work only part-time jobs in order to have the freedom to move around and freelance also. Adventure and newness is more important than comfort and stability for me.

This cat is also a bit dodgy with the love. She will come close when she wants attention and to give her time and cuddles, but when she does not want that, beware! She will bite gently to let you know she is not in the mood. She stays close at night, but not on top of us. She curls up at our feet in bed and makes sure we know she is there, but without demanding constant petting.

This third cat is the most consistent of all. She is quite needy, stays in one room of the house almost always and any time someone comes near she will meow and ask for petting. She will be happy in any moment as long as she is near someone and she purrs constantly. Even if she is sleeping, she will wake easily and request attention. Do you know anyone like that? My three cats have very different personalities, but that is just it ... they have people personalities. I can relate to one of mine, and I know people who remind me of the other two. Take a look at the animals in your life. Can you relate?