'Do You Have A Daughter?' And 13 Other Things I Want To Say When A Guy Thinks Catcalling Is OK

I don't blame your mother, I blame you.

354

Listen, catcalling is NEVER OK... ever. It doesn't matter how someone looks, they're not "asking for it." Please, just keep your inappropriate, degrading and disgusting comments to yourself... if you must have them at all.

1. "Would your mother like hearing you talk like that?"

I really don't think your mother wants to hear you cat-calling a girl. Any lessons she taught you about civility would be lost.

2. "And that's why you don't have a girlfriend."

This is probably a pretty safe assumption about any guy acting like this.

3. "I feel bad for whoever marries you."

Any guy who objectifies women like that will only continue to do so.

4. "You're exactly the reason why girls blame themselves when things happen."

Guys like you are why girls think they are always the problem, why they "deserved" what happened to them. Newsflash: the only thing that is deserved in this situation is some soap in your mouth to clean it.

5. "Be gone witch, you have no powers here."

Alright, this one may be channeling my inner "Dance Moms" fan, but still, seriously, boy bye!

6. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Because that's the only direction you're going.

7. "You're the reason why 'Law & Order: SVU' is going into its 20th season."

They base that show on REAL CASES, people! REAL CASES!

8. Like the headline says, "Do you have a daughter?"

You know that if a guy talked to your daughter or future daughter the way you just talked to me, you'd go after him if you ever met him.

9. "What if I did that to you when you walked down the street?"

Funny how it feels when the tables are turned, huh?

10. "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

I certainly hope not...

11. Or, even better "... your grandma?"

Again, I really hope it's a no on this one.

12. "And how many times have you actually gotten a girl speaking that way?"

Ah, that's right... zero, none, zlich... you get the point.

13. "Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately, I only date guys with class."

Keep trying... or don't.