Thurston County Serial Killer

There Is A Cat Serial Killer On The Loose In Thurston County

A cat serial killer?

47

When most people hear the term serial killer, their mind goes straight to famous people like the BTK killer or the Zodiac killer. This past week in Olympia, Washington, a different type of killer is on the loose. Six dead and mutilated cats have been found in the Thurston County area. Authorities believe that all six crimes were committed by the same person. If you have read some of my other posts, you know how important animals are to me and that is why I decided this was an urgent topic to share.

Animal Services officials have traveled door to door in neighborhoods warning residents of the danger of letting their pets and more specifically their cats out without supervision. A police officer told a local newspaper that a human is behind the cats' unfortunate end. She knows this because of a similar injury each found cat has presented, a removed spine. As chilling that fact is to imagine, there is no way of knowing how the abducted cats are treated before their demise or if the cats died before this crude "surgery".

The serial killer has dumped the bodies at seemingly random intersections, which most likely means he or she wants the cats to be found quick and is not afraid of being caught. According to a Chron article the neighborhood residents are fearful that the killer may escalate his behavior to other animals and maybe humans. Pasado's Safe Haven has contributed a $21,000 reward for anyone with information leading to the arrest of the suspect. If anyone has any info on this case they are urged to call 360-352-2510 or 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).