A Case Of The Mondays

A Case Of The Mondays

105
A Case Of The Mondays

Unfortunately, a “case of the Mondays” is a real occurrence. Well, weekly occurrence I should say. It’s impossible to ignore the fact that it’s Monday, when it’s actually Monday and the trials of that particular day never fail to live up to its name. You would think we’d be more prepared for the dreadful "Monday" after the repetitive Monday struggles we continually face. For some reason, every Monday begins the same and definitely lives up to its reputation.

You know it’s Monday when…

Your morning starts rushed.

You slept through your alarm, can’t find anything to wear and barely make it out the door with a cup of coffee in hand.

After you frantically get into your car to realize you’re on empty

It’s now time to expect the worst, but hope for the best. I’m sometimes surprised at how far my car can make it on empty. It’s become a game I probably shouldn’t challenge myself with.

You realize your phone never charged the night before

Well, if I happen to run out of gas I hope my phone is still alive to desperately call someone for help.

Coffee gets spilled

Where’s the lucky spot this Monday? Your new white shirt, freshly cleaned car or does it some how just end up attacking your whole face?

Can't find a parking spot

Oh wait, that's every day. Thanks, KSU.

What assignment?

Ahhhhh, finally I’ve made it to class.

Classmate: “Did you bring your 80-page essay about the effect of communication and organizations through the exiting and metamorphic phases?

What essay...

The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Or maybe you find out that you have a test as you're walking into class

The real question is: should I stay or should I go now? First you're late, then you forgot about the homework assignments and now you completely brain-farted that the biggest test of the semester was today.

Starving and you forgot your wallet at home

It might have been best to forget your wallet, because you're poor anyways. How could you forget?

After a long day, you encounter car problems

Ahhh, it's a miracle I've made it out of class in one piece. *Walks to car and realizes you have a flat tire*. Hopefully you had a chance to charge your phone at some point, because if you're anything like me, you're calling for help again. If that isn't the icing on the cake, I don't know what is.

You see lovely blue flashing lights in your rear-view mirror on your way home

Right when you thought this Monday couldn't get any worse, you happen to be the lucky winner of the county policeperson trying to make his/her monthly quota.

All of the above are relatable to a classic "case of the Mondays". It's odd that everything that could possibly go wrong throughout the week tends to occur on a beloved Monday. You would think we'd be more prepared for future Mondays, but unfortunately we never are. That being said, Keep Calm and Monday On!