A Case For A Type 1 Civilization

A Case For A Type 1 Civilization

Transitioning Into A New Level Of Civilization Complexity Is A Solution For Our Current Global Socio-Political-Economic-Religious Civilization Model's Failures, Mistakes, And Errors
32

The history of humanity and civilization as of the second decade of the 21st century has revolved around the evolution of complexity. Humanity has progressed from the archaic Stone Ages, ancient Bronze and Iron Ages, the Renaissance era's Steam Age, the Industrial Revolution's Coal Age, the 20th Century's Nuclear Age, and the modern Digital Age to name a few. The commonality between all these different ages is the ability to craft new tools and acquire higher degrees of energy creation and harnessing. The terrestrial ages we have pasted through all lie within the auspice of a Type Zero civilization according to the Kardashev Scale. The Kardashev scale is a spectrum of analysis developed by soviet cosmonaut Nikolai Kardashev for calculating civilizations on a galactic scale. A Type One civilization is the minimum requirement of a species to reach to avoid extinction by establishing itself as a multi planet species.

If we examine our modern socio-political-economic model, the monetary-market system (as it will be described) is a failed attempt at a transitioning Type 0 civilization. The mechanism of civilization and the mental perspectives utilized by the current system was conceived with the intentions of perpetuating Type Zero ideals. Scarcity, private property, and policies of militarization are some of the prime examples of Type Zero mentalities. Some mentalities even actively reject the notion of humanity being capable of existing beyond our home planet. While others actively contradict survival for arbitrary ideas of wealth and profit that risks the collapse of the biosphere and the death of the human species.

The monetary market system arguably prevents the transitioning from a Type Zero civilization to a Type One. This prevention is largely through fossil fuel based petrocurrencies manipulating the global market system; rationing the planets resources in mismanaged and incompetent manners, and redirected up socio-economic networks towards private centers of power that operate hierarchically in a feudalized manner. This immature, unhealthy competition has deliberately stalled our development towards a Type One civilization; thus perpetuating the problems of our monetary-market Type Zero civilization.

We have the technology and means to not only raise living standards to beyond first class; we can even solve a vast majority of the causes of death, injury, and sickness. Soon we will have the means to cure nearly any sickness and injury; even curing biological breakdown and death. Those technologies will not be distributable to the entire population in a monetary-market Type Zero civilization; therefore the monetary market system is obsolete in its entirety. The fact that it not only fails to reach a stable complexity needed for the transition to a Type One civilization; it can not even distribute the very technological advances that justified civilization to originally form millennia ago.

The competition of the privatized powers in the monetary-market system actively works against the needed unified networks required for the Type One complexity. It is time to move beyond the current socio-political-economic-religious system in its entirety; no longer will its inefficiencies and contradictions restrain the human race from advancement into space and beyond.