Carry Your Baggage Like You Wear A Crown

Your baggage doesn't hold you back.

234

Baggage.

That’s a term that we’re all too familiar with. Whether it’s emotional baggage, family baggage, or just relationship baggage we all have it, but there’s a negative connotation to that word.

I know all too well the damage that baggage can have on your life, but trust me when I say it does get better. It will get better.

Those hurts from your past relationship may be troublesome to you and those you wish to pursue later in life, but it will not hold you back forever. Eventually, your baggage will be unpacked and loved by the right person.

Perhaps your family is no longer a family because of broken relationships. Family quarrels can last forever, and it may be a quarrel that never resolves…but that baggage will also disappear.

The thing about baggage that really gets people, is the ability to make you feel less than you really are. The negative connotation around the word “baggage” assumes that you are unable to go through life perfectly with no problems. A life with “baggage” is hard, long, and often not worth it, and most people don’t want that.

Personally, trust issues are my baggage. Opening up and loving other people is not something that I’m able to do. Allowing them to love me is another problem. My relationships are flawed, broken, and often short, and everything in my being spontaneous ruins the good parts of life because I cannot trust that I won’t get hurt.

I know I’m not the only person with these issues, but it doesn’t stop the fact that I always feel like my relationships will never last because of this. You may feel the same way about your baggage, and I’m here to tell you it’s OK.

Despite what the world says, your baggage is accepted and it does not devalue you. It may put some bumps in your life or cause some pain, but you yourself are not invaluable.

Society will not tell you your baggage is welcome here, but as someone with baggage, I’m telling you it is. I’m just as broken as you, but I know eventually it will all be fixed.

Baggage may “value” you imperfect, unworthy, and broken…but always remember that Our God says YOU are worth it. I pray confidence, peace, love, and guidance over all of you.

I pray this encourages every one of you to move forward towards a future designed especially for you, and that no one will keep you down. Remember, “I am redeemed, and He set me free.” Your chains (baggage) will be broken.