Don’t Forget To Live In The Moment While You Capture It

Photos are great but living in the moment is so much better

127

Welcome to the 21st century, where computers are now small enough to fit in your pocket, every movie you want can be retrieved in just a click of a button, and cars have finally (almost) made it to the future of flying. Along with all of this, we also no longer have to have long conversations on the phone wondering how old friends are doing, we have social media for that. These days we strive to get the perfect picture to post on Facebook or Instagram to let our friends know what we are up to and just how cool our lives are, or how cool we can make them look. Now let's face it, who doesn't love a good picture.

Technology has made it so easy for us to pull out our phones and snap a quick pic. As great as this may be, some people are caring a little too much about their social media image instead of the world around them. For instance, going to the pool to get a tan leads to getting a picture of you in your new bikini showing off your body to those followers that you hardly even know. Your vacation planning not only includes packing but also look at Pinterest for cool artsy pictures you can take and post. And your phone has the luxury of seeing your meal before your mouth does, just so you can show all your followers how delicious your food looks.

While we are lucky enough to capture every moment, we are also stuck in this digital world that is living a better life than we actually are. You can't capture every moment and honestly, the best ones are usually the ones that aren't. After you get your picture make sure you are enjoying the time you are having with your friends, family, etc. It is important to put your phone down every once in a while and look at a view that's not blocked by a screen. You only have one shot at life so don't waste it living through social media because the real world is waiting for you and it is an amazing place.