Time Is Ticking!!!

Time Is Ticking!!!

The Capture!
15

Rebecca's Point of View:

We sat there silently for what felt like hours hiding under Mr. Brooks desk. When all of a sudden the gang leader discovers us and points the gun at me. The leader yells, "I found them! Get out from under there, now!" We both climb up from under the desk and stand in front of the man. The leader was wearing the typical black ski mask, a black leather jacket and jeans. He was taller and broader than Mr. Brooks and could probably take him out with ease. He points the pistol at Mr. Brooks and says, "Move away from the girl!" He listens to the scary man and moves to the other side of the room. He points the pistol at me and says, "This isn't personal. I just have to do my job."

Right before he pulls the trigger, I see Mr. Brooks out of the corner of my eye running in my direction. When the shot is fired, I close my eyes waiting for the incoming pain. Just then I feel someone leap in front of me, and the pain never came. When I open my eyes I see Mr. Brooks right leg bleeding. The leader yells, "That wasn't meant for you, you fool!" Right then, I run over to Mr. Brooks and I quickly take my jacket off to make a temporary tourniquet.

The leader yells, "I'm all outta bullets, I need more now!" Then all of a sudden we hear police sirens outside of the shop. When the gang members come into view they look towards the door. "They're coming for us boss! What should we do? Should we shoot her here or take them to our place?"

Then we hear, "Come out with your hands up and leave the hostages in the store! If we hear a gunshot, we will immediately use police force to enter the store!"

The boss says, "We need to leave as soon as possible before they come for us! Go through the back door! I need two of you to be the look out!" The leader pulls us to our feet and pushes us to the back door, as I'm still holding onto Mr. Brooks. Who knows what will happen if we get separated, I can't let that happen.

The Gang Leader's Point of View:

I can't believe I agreed to do this operation. This is not going the way I planned. It was supposed to be an easy job, now look how it turned out. The police are on us and we have to hide these two for the person paying us. They better be paying us a lot more money for this, because this wasn't part of the plan. We were supposed to keep the guy alive but I don't know how that's going to happen now. He's bleeding everywhere even with the tourniquet around his leg. What's up with this lady and this guy? Are they friends or dating? The way she looked at him when he got shot didn't seem like they were just friends. Not that I care, I'm just trying to do my job.

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

I couldn't let Rebecca get shot, she had nothing to do with any of this and she just lost her boyfriend, she doesn't deserve this. I couldn't bear the weight of loosing her because I know in my heart I still Love her. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. As she's holding me in her arms, I notice she's crying. I don't know if her tears are for me or Liam. I don't know if I'm going to make it or not, because I feel like I've lost a lot of blood. When we are alone, I need to confess my love for her before my time is up.