Before You Rewatch The Previous 'Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina' Season, Save Some Time With This Part 2 Recap

Will Sabrina make it to Hell and back fighting for Nick's return? Only time will tell.

99

After we were introduced to Season 1 of 'The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' on October 26, 2018, we fell in love with the Netflix reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Netflix decided to delve deeper into the life of the Spellmans, their ups and downs, Sabrina's love lives with Harvey (Ross Lynch) and Nick (Gavin Leatherwood), and the journey Sabrina (Kiernan Shipka) faces while becoming the witch she's meant to be. While many say that the original is always best and shouldn't be messed with, 'The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' follows closely to the comic books and Netflix is finally giving us the storyline we deserve.

Here's the second season of CAOS recap, summarized by episode!

Episode 1: The Epiphany

The Running for Top Boy

We left the Spellmans in Season 1 celebrating Yule and performing a seance to talk with Diana, Sabrina's mother. In this season's release, Sabrina and our beloved Nick Scratch compete for Top Boy at the Academy of Unseen Arts. Of course, this campaign isn't favored by the misogynistic Father Blackwood as we remember his preference for the old, traditional ways of the Church of Night.

Typically a role meant for boys, as per the name, and a precursor into becoming High Priest, our defiant and lovable witch challenges the position as a means for equality. After being nominated by the initially unchallenged Nick, Prudence follows, and Sabrina and Nick face three challenges; The Inquisition, The Boil and Bubble, and The Conjuring. After competing in the challenges, a vote would take place in the student body and Top Boy (Person) would be named.

The Three Plague Kings

During the night before The Inquisition, Father Blackwood took all the warlocks to Dorian's Gray Room for a night of gentlemanly festivities while Sabrina stayed back in the Academy's library to study for the challenge ahead. This is when we and Sabrina were introduced to Asmodeus, Lord of Vermin, to which he attacked Sabrina with his rats and she banished him.

Before The Bubble and Boil, Sabrina was attacked by the second Plague King, Purson, Lord of Shadow, and attacked Sabrina with his bats. With a simple spell, she banished Purson. Knowing that the endless distractions were affecting her focus, Sabrina went to her Aunt Hilda for help since she's a master and champion bubbler. Unfortunately, Sabrina putrefied the potion and had to ingest it.

Beelzebub, Lord of Flies, eventually attacked Sabrina back at Baxter High and Ms. Wardwell ended up saving her. After the incident, Sabrina confronted Nick for conjuring the three Plague Kings because he, after all, is a conjuring student. We eventually came to the conclusion that Nick wasn't guilty but Sabrina still wanted answers. So, at The Conjuring challenge, she and Nick joined their powers, unbeknownst to Father Blackwood, to conjure the three Kings and question them. They revealed that their mission was of their own free will to not let "the half-breed ascend", and Father Blackwood banished them. Afterwards, he appointed Ambrose as Top Boy.

Susie/Theo

After Harvey decided to try-out for the basketball team, Susie decided that she would too even though Baxter High didn't have a girl's basketball team. Of course, controversy arose and the coach declined to let her even try out. After going to the newly-appointed Principal Wardwell, Susie was able to try out for the team despite her lack of athletic ability. During the try-out scrimmage, Sabrina arrived and helped Susie. After scoring the winning basket and making the team, Susie reveals to us that she's ready to try something new and more fitting- to which Susie became Theo.

All Business and No Pleasure?

Zelda was appointed as the new ancient tongues and scripture instructor at the Academy, and Father Blackwood decided to introduce her to the rest of the faculty. Sister Jackson, the jealous witch that she is, called Zelda a hussy, which didn't go over well later on. But for now, she prompted a conversation with Father Blackwood about making whatever relationship they had official. To be respectful to the mourning period of the late Lady Blackwood's death, Father Blackwood decided that the timing was inappropriate. Zelda then decided that until their relationship was legitimate, there would only be business between them.

Episode 2: The Passion of Sabrina Spellman

Satan's Prophet on Earth

After the incident with the three Plague Kings and Sabrina telling Ms. Wardwell (Lilith) what the Kings said about "the half-breed shall not ascend", Lilith spoke with the Dark Lord to interpret the meaning. The Dark Lord instructed Lilith that Sabrina was meant to be his prophet on Earth. Because Lilith felt that Sabrina was unworthy of such a role because of everything she had done for him throughout the centuries, the millenia, the challenged the Dark Lord's statement because Sabrina's soul tends to move toward the Path of Light. They created a wager: if the Dark Lord could successfully tempt Sabrina with a devotion, Lilith would never question him again; if Lilith won, she would be the Dark Lord's prophet instead of Sabrina.

Tempting Devotions

The Dark Lord asked Sabrina to simply steal a pack of gum to prove her loyalty- yes, a pack of gum. However, as Sabrina was about to steal it, Ms. Wardwell caught her and guilted her into putting it back. After Sabrina's defiance toward the Dark Lord's devotion, a Devil's Claw appeared on the back of her shoulder- and continued to grow the more Sabrina defied him. Alongside this, the Dark Lord began tormenting Sabrina's friends. After Sabrina gave Theo a magical rope to tie in order for Billy Marlin to simply trip, he severely broke his leg and wasn't able to play for the rest of the season. Rosalind came down with a mysterious case of the chickenpox, and Sabrina found Salem dying on her porch.

After making a case toward the Dark Lord, he agreed to reverse everything (or in some cases, lessen) in exchange for Sabrina to burn down Baxter High. As she was about to light the match, the Dark Lord told her to stop because the will to complete a devotion was enough to prove loyalty rather than completing the act itself. However, we see at the end of the episode that Sabrina does steal the pack of gum, showing that her alignment along the paths did make a slight shift.

The Passion of Lucifer Morningstar

Father Blackwood wrote his own version of the Passion of Lucifer Morningstar in which Zelda replaced Shirley (Sister Jackson) as director, Ambrose would play the False God, Nick would play Lucifer Morningstar, and Dorcas (one of the Weird Sisters) would play Lilith- with Sabrina as Dorcas' understudy.

The jealous witch that Shirley is, she began tormenting Zelda more by prompting a gargoyle to fall on Zelda- it missed. She also teleported a frog familiar into Zelda's throat. Instead of making frog legs for dinner with the familiar, Hilda persuaded Zelda to make a puppet to control Shirley- in other words, voodoo. Zelda made it a point that she could make Shirley jump off a landing but before she did, Zelda stopped her at the last minute- and that next time, she wouldn't.

After Sabrina completed her devotion to the Dark Lord of taking the initiative to burn down Baxter High, he restored the majority of what had happened to Sabrina and her friends. But Dorcas came down with a mysterious case of chickenpox so Sabrina could take on the role of Lilith in The Passion of Lucifer Morningstar. Needless to say, Sabrina's portrayal of Lilith in the play struck a profound cord with the real Lilith (Ms. Wardwell).

Romeo and Juliet

Harvey and Rosalind were casted to play the lead roles in Romeo and Juliet at Baxter High. After Aunt Hilda persuaded Sabrina to go back to Baxter High to see her friends, Billy was her partner. After he broke his leg and Rosalind came down with the chickenpox, Sabrina and Harvey were paired together to read lines. As you can imagine, there was a reconnection until Sabrina saw a Devil's Claw on Harvey's chest. As Sabrina was about to leave, Harvey told her to stop messing with his feelings so he could successfully move on from her.

After Sabrina completed her devotion, Rosalind was healed of the chickenpox and was able to continue her role as Juliet at Baxter High.

Episode 3: Lupercalia

Festival of Wolves

After a sour-ending reconnection between Harvey and Sabrina in the previous episode, the relationship between Harvey and Rosalind grew stronger in this episode. At Baxter High, Harvey makes an attempt to ask Rosalind to the Valentine's Day dance but instead, went with Theo and Rosalind as a friend group- still, their connection grew.

To coincide with Valentine's Day, the Academy of Unseen Arts celebrates a festival known as Lupercalia, which focuses on carnal desires. Sabrina only agreed to participate in Lupercalia as long as Nick was her partner- and of course, their witchy ways came in handy, especially dealing with Dorcas. During the Courting ceremony, the participants heard a wolf in the woods that shouldn't have been as close as it was- to which they decide to attend Baxter High's Sweetheart's Dance. Later in the library, we're briefly introduced to a wolf that's stalking Nick and Sabrina- Nick's familiar, Amalia. Nick banishes Amalia because she's enraged with jealousy and love, and therefore Nick is scared for Sabrina's safety.

Ms. Wardwell convinces Nick to kill Amalia based on prior knowledge she had of another familiar, and Nick and Sabrina go into the woods to do exactly that- or so we thought since he only chained Amalia up. Of course, she escaped and Sabrina has an encounter with Amalia in the woods during the night of The Hunt. After pleading that Amalia couldn't hurt Sabrina because he briefly confessed his love for her, Amalia turned on Nick. To protect her man, Sabrina killed Amalia with a dagger she hid in her stocking.

Love is Blind

As we know, Harvey attended the Sweetheart's Dance with Rosalind and Theo as a friend group. However, we also know that Harvey intended and hoped to go with Rosalind as her date. Before Rosalind eventually let Harvey kiss her (loosely as she saw in her earlier premonition), she spoke the truth about the Cunning to Harvey. Despite his feelings toward the supernatural, Harvey appreciated her honesty and we witness their first kiss- and Sabrina revealed that she's 100% okay with this because of her relationship with Nick.

Earlier in the episode, we also witness a heartfelt moment between Theo and his dad as Theo comes out as trans.

Love and Marriage

Hilda finally confessed her feelings to Dr. Cerberus and as a result, he distanced himself at first. Later, we learn that he's an incubus and because of his feelings for Hilda, he has to stay away from her to ensure her safety. Of course, being a stubborn Spellman woman, Hilda found her way around this- making an enchanted bracelet to tame the incubus inside of Dr. Cerberus so they could be together.

We also gain the knowledge that Father Blackwood has proposed to Zelda. So much for "all business and no pleasure", right? But, we find that Zelda accepted the proposal, not out of love, but for the power and ensuring that the Spellman family shines in the Church of Night.

Introducing Adam

We learned that Ms. Wardwell, before Lilith took possession of her, was actually not "all alone in that big house" after all! She has a fiance', Adam- which as you can imagine, struck a not-so-nice cord with Lilith... at first. Yes, she did try to kill him, but she decided to keep him around.

And that fertility doll he gifted her? Well, we shall see if its relevance comes into play in Part 3 because of how many odd and elongated camera shots it had in this season.

Episode 4: Doctor Cerberus' House of Horror

In this episode, we're introduced to a strange character that seemed to arrive in Greendale out of nowhere. Mrs. McGarvey, a tarot reader, offers her practice to Sabrina, her friends, and family.

Sabrina

Ever since the initial lie that Nick told about killing Amalia (in episode 3), Sabrina starts to wonder if he's trustworthy. With the lie, the fact that he's the "bad boy" of the Academy, and the Weird Sisters teased and flirted with him about the talent show, her jealousy and curiosity makes her question their relationship.

In her tarot reading, we're shown Nick's magic act. For the first two tricks, Sabrina opts out of being Nick's assistant out of spite. However, after seeing the Weird Sisters all have their turn with him, Sabrina decides to be his assistant in the third and final trick- levitation. It all went according to plan until the Sisters overpowered Nick during the trick and Sabrina levitated to space and froze to death. The moral of the tarot reading? Nick was trustworthy and the Weird Sisters were not.

Thus, Sabrina asks Nick to stay awake from them; not because of her distrusting him, but because of her distrust toward the Sisters.

Rosalind, Theo, and Harvey

After Rosalind went blind, her father received donations from their church in order to pay for a corrective surgery for her eyes. After the procedure, she felt guilty of the money her father used, so she decided to volunteer at a home for the blind- to which she was assigned to newly-blinded Audrey. Come to find out, Audrey was blind because Rosalind "stole her eyes" because her father paid Audrey's father. After her haunting reading, Rosalind decided to tell her dad that she would wait for the procedure until they could afford it on their own. Moral of the reading? Don't be greedy.

Theo wanted to fully transition but knowing his dad couldn't afford it and no doctor in Greendale would perform the operation, he has a ghostly conversation with his ancestor, Dorothea. She advises Theo to talk to the Spellmans but after his doubt of them accepting the inquiry, Theo decides to steal the recipe for a potion. He performed the spell, spread the goo all over him, and it worked- until the botanical potion started turning him into a tree. Theo had decided that he would rather lose his tree-arm than lose his new body- only to find that his legs had turned into trees too. Moral of the reading? Don't steal or things will go horribly wrong.

Harvey attended an art colony that he got accepted to in Rhode Island over the summer. His roommate, Howard, had demons for muses that appeared in his closet. After finding Howard hanging from his neck one morning, Harvey found the demonic portal. Moral of the reading? You don't need to travel far to suffer for your art.

Zelda and Ambrose

Zelda has decided to reveal the truth about the abduction of baby Leticia. However, when Zelda went to retrieve her from Dezmelda, Zelda found that he had ate the baby in order to restore her youth. After Zelda and Father Blackwood's wedding, Zelda finds that he and Dezmelda are having far more than a PG13 encounter- but she couldn't explain why this was so horrific. Moral of the reading? Some things should stay a secret.

Ambrose wasn't far from Father Blackwood's inner circle. His reading revealed that Father Blackwood was going to invite him into the secret society that was loyal to him because of the countless recommendations from Ambrose's boyfriend, Luke. All that Ambrose had to do to prove his loyalty was kill his family- and he did, to which he was welcomed into the Judas Society. After the reading ended, Ambrose looked at his last card against the advice of Mrs. McGarvey and ran to the Academy. Father Blackwood informed him that Luke has died on his mission for the society and that Ambrose was to take his place. Ambrose's last card? Death.

Mrs. McGarvey

Who is she? Lilith, of course. She had spoke with her familiar, Stolas, about the apocalypse and that it was every witch for herself. The card in her possession? The Empress.

Episode 5: Blackwood

The Manifesto

While with Nick in Dorian's Gray Room, Sabrina and Nick see the ghost of her father, Edward. He informs Sabrina that Father Blackwood was responsible for he and her mother's death because they were on their way to Rome to present Edward's manifesto to the Anti-Pope. Her father urged her to complete his work since the Anti-Pope was traveling to Greendale to marry Father Blackwood and Zelda.

Of course, Lilith was responsible for summoning Edward's ghost. Sabrina went to Lilith for advice regarding what he father had informed her of, since Sabrina believed the story Lilith told about being Edward's Secretary. She informed Sabrina that the only copy of her father's manifesto was at the bottom of the ocean in the Devil's Triangle (is this the same as the Bermuda Triangle?) because of the fatal plane crash. Nick, always wanting to do anything to help Sabrina, retrieves it after claiming that he could hold his breath for 4 minutes- and that he fought off a squid to get it. Edward's manifesto, they discovered, was rather progressive in supporting the ideology that mixed marriages being mortals and witches/warlocks become a custom- of course, to support Edward and Diana's relationship.

His Unholiness

When the Anti-Pope arrived, Father Blackwood intended on sharing his own manifesto driven by the "old ways" of regression and misogynistic traditionalism- where the warlocks would be in power and the witches would serve. While he was presented his to the Anti-Pope, Sabrina had intruded on the meeting to present a "copy" of her father's manifesto. The Anti-Pope stated that he would read both and take them into consideration in his chambers, to which Father Blackwood assigned Ambrose and other boys in the Judas Society to guard.

After Dorcas discovered the Anti-Pope's bloody corpse with Ambrose and the Judas boys drenched in his blood, Father Blackwood took the role of executioner for himself- until Ambrose teleported away. He had no memory of the event and hid at Dorian's, while coughing up his familiar, Leviathan- which he originally accused Salem of eating. Dorian helped Ambrose realize that with Leviathan being a gift from Father Blackwood, he used the familiar to control him into killing the Anti-Pope.

With the unfortunate loss of the Anti-Pope, Father Blackwood performed he and Zelda's wedding himself. During the ceremony, Sabrina and Nick wore glamors of her parents to interrupt, object the wedding, and get Father Blackwood to confess for their murder- of course, Father Blackwood didn't fall for their tricks. To which, Ambrose teleported in and attempted to kill Father Blackwood- and Prudence, acting as the newly-appointed "daddy's girl" with her fresh Blackwood name, stopped Ambrose. Father Blackwood completed the ceremony, Ambrose was banished to the Witch's Cell, and Sabrina and Nick were expelled from the Academy for their antics.

Almond Cookies

Constance's ghost (Lady Blackwood) visited Zelda before the wedding because she thought that Zelda was responsible for her death. As Hilda's duty of Maid of Dishonor, she caught Constance's ghost, found out that Shirley was responsible for disturbing her grave and filling her with lies, and Hilda laid Constance to rest.

Following this, Hilda invited Shirley over for tea and almond cookies demanding answers. Shirley had revealed that when Hilda invited her over, she cast protection spells on herself so she couldn't be harmed by any potential magical tricks. Hilda wasn't surprised but was also prepared- with cyanide cookies. The almonds were simply used to mask the flavor. And thus, we bid adieu to the petty and jealous, Sister Shirley Jackson.

Episode 6: The Missionaries

Expelled

Because both Sabrina and Nick were recently expelled from the Academy, Sabrina returned to Baxter High while Nick decided to drown his sorrows at Dorian's Gray Room. Sabrina found Rosalind studying alone in the library, and it was revealed that she chose this solitude because she lost her sight. Even though Sabrina offered to try to restore Rosalind's sight, she and Harvey questioned her because Rosalind thought that Sabrina blinded her out of jealousy since she was now dating Harvey. After Sabrina left in tears, Theo reminded Harvey and Rosalind that Sabrina was far from evil.

The Roast

During a personal day that Ms. Wardwell (Lilith) took from school, her fiance', Adam, asked her to join him on a trip to Tibet. She did consider it because that would mean that she could escape the Dark Lord. That night, Adam cooked Lilith a roast that ended up having his ring in one of the bites she took- the ring that Lilith gave Adam to protect him from the Dark Lord. The Adam that cooked the roast and sat across from her? The Dark Lord wearing a glamor. The roast? The real Adam. After he reprimanded her for defying him, Lilith spent the night vomiting. Putting two-and-two together, she realized that her familiar, Stolas, was reporting back to the Dark Lord and that's how he knew about Adam. She ignited Stolas with a banshee-like scream, burst into tears, and made a vow to take away the one thing the Dark Lord loved.

The Skeleton Key

Hilda cooked a chicken to bribe the Weird Sisters into letting her speak to Ambrose while he was imprisoned. Though, that didn't work. Prudence did let Hilda in but her conversation with Ambrose was Agatha wearing a glamor of him- and Ambrose's conversation with Hilda was Dorcas wearing a glamor of her. Once they both caught on and called them out for it, they revealed themselves. Later, the Sisters threw the bones of the chicken at Ambrose as Hida had previously suggested. Ambrose caught onto his Aunt's trickery and made a skeleton key to free himself. He did but he also ran into witch hunters as he was about to run out of the Academy.

The Devil's Sword

We are given a flashback of what had happened to Ambrose's boyfriend, Luke, two weeks prior- right before he died. The missionary, Jerathmiel, captured and tortured Luke until he gave up the names of witches and warlocks in Greendale- afterwards, Luke was killed. After the collection of three witch hunters (missionaries) hit the Spellman residence, Dr. Cerberus', and Dorian's, the remaining two congregated at the Academy. The Weird Sisters tried to kill them but weren't successful because they revealed themselves to be angels.

Sabrina, Nick, and Harvey arrived at the Academy to see the aftermath and learned that the angels re-consecrated the desecrated church- so that no witch could enter nor escape. Luckily, with Sabrina being baptized as a baby, she was able to enter and witness the horrifying event of the murder of a witch and warlock. After Jerathmiel shot Sabrina to death with crossbow arrows and a magic-blocking thorn crown was placed on her head, she still rose as the Devils' Sword. She ignited them with hellfire and resurrected her fallen brethren.

Episode 7: The Miracles of Sabrina Spellman

The Calling

After rising as the Devil's Sword, Sabrina found that she could perform magic without any spells, incantations, or sacrifices- to which she returned Rosalind's sight and resurrected Leviathan. Sabrina believed that because she was a "half-breed", that separated her from the rest of the witches and warlocks and explained her newly-tapped abilities after her own resurrection. She remembered her father's manifesto and advocated for the relationships and intermingling of mortals and witches/warlocks because of what had happened to her. To which, she comes up with an idea to have a multi-kind party at her house so they could accomplish exactly that.

Leviathan

After the death of the Anti-Pope, Father Blackwood was named interim Anti-Pope during his honeymoon and took on the role afterwards. Because of Nick and Sabrina's involvement protecting the Academy from angels, they were reinstated as full-time students- but her newfound abilities didn't go without questioning rather than appreciation.

In order to prove Ambrose's innocence in the Anti-Pope's death, Nick and Sabrina retrieved Leviathan from Dorian's trash at the Gray Room, and resurrected Leviathan and discovered the truth- he was, indeed, used to control Ambrose in killing the Anti-Pope at Father Blackwood's instruction. When the resurrection came to Father Blackwood's attention, he ordered Zelda, who was uncharacteristic to say the least, to take care of it. She killed Leviathan in a meat grinder. Hilda and Sabrina caught onto Zelda's actions and drastic mood swing and realized that she was under a spell that was controlled by the music box Father Blackwood had given to her. Sabrina retrieved it, they destroyed it, and Zelda (thankfully) was back to normal- though she still had to play the part as a brainwashed wife.

The Execution

Ambrose's death was meant to come upon him with the guillotine. However, the executioner was beheaded instead of Ambrose thanks to a puppet that Hilda had (yes, voodoo again). Sabrina challenged Father Blackwood to execute Ambrose, to which he pulled the childish, "no, you". The Dark Lord appeared, reprimanded Father Blackwood for acting against his will, freed Ambrose, and ripped Father Blackwood of his interim Anti-Pope title. Hail Satan, right?

The Herald of Hell

At Sabrina's party, she intended to revealed herself to everyone by being cliche' and flying on a broomstick. Before she could, Harvey, Theo, and Rosalind ran up to stop her because there was something of great importance that she needed to see- a mosaic in the mines (protected by the journaled "woman in white" until Theo killed her to protect Harvey) that was a prophecy- Sabrina was the Herald of Hell.

Episode 8: The Mandrake

The Mandrake Spell

After Sabrina and Nick went to Lilith for advice on what the found in the mines -the prophecy mosaic- and confirmed that Sabrina is the Herlad of Hell and is supposed to usher in the apocalypse for a literal Hell on Earth, Sabrina (with the push of Lilith) decided to give up her powers using a mandrake spell. The mandrake would be used to trap her powers and would be destroyed to release them into the universe. With Sabrina vulnerable with no powers, Lilith sends a scarecrow made from her rib (how symbolic, right?) to kill Sabrina- didn't work.

After performing the mandrake spell and waiting the alotted time, Sabrina and Ambrose assumed that the spell didn't work. They decided to leave and make a golem (basically a dummy made from clay and dirt) to replace the mandrake spell.

Seeing Double

Turns out, the mandrake spell worked and created a double of Sabrina! Also turns out that this Sabrina 2.0 has the complete opposite characteristics in every way. The mandrake-Sabrina captured Harvey, Theo, and Rosalind to make mandrake versions of them but Theo destroyed them all after being awakened by Dorothea's ghost.

The Double Duel

Remember how the scarecrow assassination on Sabrina didn't work? Well, it tried to kill Sabrina in the tub but Nick pulled out the rib just in time. Nick also revealed that he found answers to the prophecy- that Sabrina would perform perversions of Jesus' miracles and that she had already completed most of them thanks to Lilith.

When the mandrake-Sabrina tried to trick Ambrose, the real Sabrina arrived just in time. Ambrose suggested a duel between them. Before the ten paces were completed, Sabrina unfairly (but justly) shot Sabrina 2.0 early and killed her, also releasing her powers.

To add to the list of unfortunate events, killing "herself" was the last of the perversions leading to the prophecy.

The Church of Judas

Against the will of the Dark Lord, Father Blackwood declared the Church of Night as the Church of Judas and appointed his manifesto as the new law of the church. Remember? The regression and misogyny? Though Prudence was hurt, she decided to abide by her father's new rules. However, Zelda wasn't a fan and spoke up- also revealing that she was no longer under the music box's spell. Father Blackwood locked Zelda up but Prudence came and saved the day.

Episode 9: The Mephisto Waltz

The Devil Himself

Heeerree's Satan! After Sabrina fulfilled the prophecy, Lucifer Morningstar assumed his angelic form -minus his wings- to walk the Earth. He revealed himself to be Sabrina's actual father instead of Edward and that's why she was so special. To add to the disgust, Sabrina learned that the only reason Nick got close to her was because Lucifer called upon Nick to do just that. Despite simply following Lucifer's orders, Nick reveals that he actually did fall in love with Sabrina.

Lilith wanted the crown for herself so she decided to appear unannounced at the Spellman's and offer her help. It was denied until she finally revealed the truth about herself; that she was indeed Lilith. They created a plan: Sabrina distracted him with flattery so she could trap him with with a horseshoe, and Ambrose created a distraction so that Zelda and Hilda could stab him with daggers forged in the city where Christianity was born. Of course, it didn't work, Lucifer threatened Zelda and Hilda's lives, and Sabrina blew Gabriel's Horn to usher in the apocalypse.

The Gates of Hell

As Sabrina blew Gabriel's horn, Harvey, Theo, and Rosalind were at the Gates of Hell. Rosalind used the Cunning to see what was inside and saw symbols that they used to lock the gates. Surprisingly, it worked but at the last minute.

Though Lilith showed up to find them in the act and expressed disappointment in the lack of demons to bring to Sabrina's hellacious coronation.

Unholy Communion

After lying to the coven about Lucifer approving the Church of Judas, Father Blackwood made the coven participate in a communion to ring in the future of the Church. However, the drink contained poison and killed everyone aside from Prudence and Father Blackwood. His plan was to immediately leave with Prudence, Judas, and Leticia but Prudence harshly declined and brought Agatha and Dorcas to the Spellman's. At the very end of the episode, Ambrose and Prudence join forced to hunt and kill Father Blackwood and retrieve the twins.

Mephisto Waltz

The final act of Season 2 was the coronation- a tribute toward Phantom of the Opera's 'Masquerade' prior to the Mephisto Waltz, the entrapment of the Dark Lord inside Sabrina's warlock boyfriend, Nicholas Scratch, and Lilith finally taking her rightful place as Queen of Hell. After she ascended the throne, she released Ms. Wardwell as herself, completely oblivious to what's happened.

Finally, Sabrina suggests the seemingly impossible idea to retrieve Nick from Hell, assuming to leave Lucifer behind.

As we call attention to these recaps that are, admittedly, nothing but spoilers, CAOS fans are antsy and at the edge of their seats rewatching the existing two seasons until Season 3 is released on January 24, 2020.

What does the future look like for Sabrina, her friends, the Spellmans, and everything else in and outside of hell? It's hard to guess without a trailer. However, I believe that's the point- unless Netflix decides to reveal it less than a week before the release of Season 3, or unless you actually read the comics. Until then, we can only hope that Nick will be okay, Lucifer doesn't burn Greendale to the ground with hellfire, and Sabrina and her friends don't cause too much trouble.