I Watched 'Bohemian Rhapsody' And Now I Can't Stop Listening To Queen
Music

The movie gives you a new appreciation for the struggle that every musical group has gone through throughout their time trying to make it in the world of music.

35

As I write this article I'm currently listening to the "This is: Queen" playlist on Spotify.

When I first saw the commercial for "Bohemian Rhapsody" I immediately knew I needed to see this movie. I would not consider myself a huge Queen fan, I have, of course, heard the classic Bohemian Rhapsody, but mostly only heard their music when I was in the car with my dad listening to the '70s radio station. But regardless of my past Queen knowledge, I knew I needed to see this movie. Well due to my hectic and unforgiving college schedule, I was unable to get the full in-theater experience, but I was lucky enough to annoy my dad into renting it for me to watch. I can safely say that this was the better option because I fully cried during this movie (thank God my roommate was not home).

The movie prominently focuses on Freddie Mercury, played by Rami Malek, detailing his life while also detailing that of the band. It tells the story of his rise to fame, and the hardships along the way. Rami Malek absolutely kills it in his role of Freddy Mercury, and the world agrees too because he won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal.

The movie gives you a new appreciation for the struggle that every musical group has gone through throughout their time trying to make it in the world of music. It also brings you a new appreciation for the work and emotion that they put into all of their music. Queen was considered a transformative group in music during their time, and this movie can be considered transformative in the film industry as one of the best depictions of the struggles of groups as well as their individual members when it comes to becoming an icon in music.

Trust me when I say that you will not be sorry that you spent the money to rent this movie, I plan on jumping at the next opportunity to watch it.