I Can't Be Me Without My Best Friends

I Can't Be Me Without My Best Friends

An open letter to my best friend...and why you shouldn't live without one.
106

I would like to say that I am a very independent person—whether that is a good or a bad thing, I like to push my limits as an individual and I enjoy doing things on my own. As much as I like to be independent, I couldn't imagine living alone. Living in a world without a best friend. Whether I am home or far away, I know that without my best friends, I wouldn't be able to be the person I am today.

To my best friend: Thank you dearly for loving me at my high and lows. Thank you truly for appreciating everything that I have to offer and always seeing me in my best light. You are such a light in my life and I couldn't imagine my life without you by my side. You appreciate a good PJ party and dressing up and looking grand.

I never have to "pretend" or put up a front because you know the real me—so thank you for taking time to want to see me for who I am.

Why you shouldn't live without having a best friend:

Comfort

The comfort a best friend can give is unlike anything else. While we have families and usually some sort of support system, the truth and love a best friend can give isn't the same. I feel comforted knowing my best friend has my back, even though things may not always be okay.

Best Secret Keeper

Whether you are a private person or not, there are always secrets that need to be shared. I am thankful that I have found a person that can confide in me and that I can confide in, as well. Sharing and not keeping things bottled up are ingredients to living a healthier lifestyle. Telling secrets might not always be the best thing—but knowing you have a person that is willing to guard your heart is something beautiful.

You should always have a "person" that isn't a significant other

I would call my two best friends my people. I couldn't imagine my life without them. Depending only on a significant other for all your needs is a terrible idea. You need a person that knows you unlike anyone else, is there through the thick and thin, and is someone that can understand things that significant others can't.

Appreciates and motivates you

"Bragging" is not a thing when it comes to a best friend. A best friend is there to cheer you on and for you to do the same. You know what each other deserve and won't stop until they reach their fullest potential.

They have unconditional love

Thank you for the unconditional love and support that you offer. You have such grace and I am so proud of you for accomplishing everything you are. Thank you for caring and being you.

Tag your best friends and let them know how much you love and appreciate them!