15 Reasons You Should Still Love Halloween As An Adult
Life Stages

15 Reasons You Can And Should Still Love Halloween As An Adult

Let's be real, it only gets better the older you get.

34
Kevin Wallace

Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year! Kids love this time of year because it's the one day parents let them eat their hearts out in all the candy they just got. They get to dress up as cool characters and have a fun night out. It's safe to say, most kids love Halloween, but Halloween is not just enjoyable to kids. In fact, adults should love Halloween just as much as the kids, if not more.

Adults have many more reasons to love Halloween, actually.

Free. Candy.

Seriously, there's free candy everywhere. Why are you not taking advantage of that?!

Or buy your own

You're finally old enough to buy your own candy as well now, so if you insist on staying in, you'd better have your bag or candy corn, or the better stuff of course.

Parties

Let's be real, no party beats a Halloween party.

Party prizes!!

Did I mention most parties come with costume contests, and those who win usually win some sort of prize.

Halloween movies

You can never go wrong with a good Halloween movie. I don't care how old you are. Seriously guys, curl up on the couch and binge watch them. You won't regret it.

Candy Apples

So if you were like me as a kid, you loved candy apples, but never had the patience to enjoy them because they were so stinky. Now, you're old enough to actually sit there and enjoy that sticky, sweet treat (maybe).

You choose when the night ends

Remember when you were like 8 and wanted to stay out late on Halloween, but your parents always said no? Yea, you make the rules now!!

Decorations

Sure, Christmas decorations are fun and all, but come one guys, something about Halloween decorations makes the world a much better place. As an adult, you get to have all the fun with this!

Costumes

Yes, I realize costumes are fun as a kid, but as an adult the possibilities are endless and so much more creative.

Haunted Houses

There aren't many things in life that beat being terrified to death with a group of friends, or watching said friends jump right out of their skin.

Themed foods

Sureeeee chocolate covered pretzels are great in general, but have you ever ate a chocolate covered pretzel made to look like a spider? That you made yourself? Yea those are the best.

Trick or Treating

There, I said it. Adults can trick or treat, too.

Hayrides, but minus the hay

Now you can choose whether you ride in the back of the truck with all the itchy hay, or in the cab where it's warm.

You're a pro at bobbing for apples now

Beating all those kids, one bob at a time.

You're the adult who gets to scare the kids now

You remember the days when you always were a little timid to knock on doors because you weren't sure if it was going to be the super sweet ones, or the ones who jump out in the most terrifying ensemble possible? Well congratulations, you now have the opportunity to be that person now.