7 Reasons To Be Happy To Be Back At Curry

We're back at Camp Curry, and here are some reasons to be excited about it!
27

Aside from the reasons to be happy to be back at any college across the country (seeing your friends, and returning to your freedom) there are reasons specific to Curry College as to why we should be excited to be back on campus. Here's a countdown of the top seven reasons we should all be happy to move back in!

7. The soft serve machine in the Stu

Yes, ice cream is available outside of college, but there's nothing quite like the readily available soft serve machine in the Stu. All you have to do is grab a Styrofoam cup or cone, and press and hold the pump (vanilla, chocolate, or swirl) for a few moments, and you have delicious soft-serve ice cream that you can indulge in as frequently as you want. It's a great after-dinner treat we've all indulged in at some point.

6. The Stu in general.

The beloved Student Center is the heart and soul of Curry. It's where we eat our meals, work out, play pool, shop, get our mail, etc. The Stu is the hub of student life and nine times out of 10 when you walk in, at least some of your friends are there. There's always someone you know. It's comforting to have something so familiar and so central to our daily lives on campus.

5. Jools.

If you go to Curry, you know and love Jools, the favorite employee of the Student Center dining hall. Perhaps the best part about Jools isn't her always-smiling face and always genuinely asking you how you are today, it's that she makes an effort to learn everyone's name. It's a special day when Jools addresses you by name. We all know that if we ever need anything, Jools is where it's at. She's a Curry legend.

4. The Quad.

Although ours is probably the smallest quad you've ever seen, we all have to admit that it's beautiful. And from the hours of about 8 to 4 p.m., depending on the weather, there are people everywhere on the quad, whether it be walking to class, sunbathing in the grass, or sitting on the "smoking bench," you can find friends to talk to on your way to grab lunch.

3. The infamous flag poles.

The flagpole on the quad is perhaps the most popular meeting place on campus, aside from the Stu of course. When meeting up with friends after class or before heading down to dinner, the flag pole is the place to go and because of the two semi-circle stone walls, it's impossible to miss.

2. Coffee from the Stu.

Okay, the coffee from the Stu isn't the best, but we're college students — we run on coffee. If you go to Curry, you no doubt know these red insulated coffee cups or the clear plastic ones for the iced coffee fans out there. You see them about 100 times a day around campus.

1. Late Night.

Late Night is popularly known as the best food served on campus. Whether you love the nachos, cheese fries, or the fruit smoothies, everyone has a favorite food from Late Night. And you know that if you run out of "Points," your friend will be there to vouch for you and buy you your favorite treat. Going to Late Night is good if you missed dinner and are hungry, or if you just want a reason to get out and socialize.

We don't call it Camp Curry for no reason. The camplike feel of the campus really does make it feel like home. When we move back in, we will be hit with a wave of nostalgia and deja-vu, and wonder why we left for so long in the first place.