7 Reasons Why Being A Camp Counselor Will Make You Feel Like A Kid Again

Need a tie-dye shirt, anyone?

240

Every summer since I was thirteen, mind you, I'm twenty-two now, I've been a camp counselor. Over the years I've even recruited my friends to come to camp with me, and they've all loved it too. But if you're still on the fence about being a camp counselor, let me tell you why you should.

1. You gain valuable life skills

Blake Fox

Over the years at camp, I've learned how to speak on a microphone, talk to large groups of people, give clear instructions, how to work well with others, to plan for an event and I've even become a rock climbing and zip lining instructor.

2. You'll collect a ton of cool shirts

Blake Fox

From t-shirts, to polo's, to long sleeves, hoodies and tie-dye, I've got it all.

3. It looks good on resumes

Blake Fox

A potential employer will see camp counselor or staff member on an application and make a lot of positive inferences about you, especially if they went to a camp themselves.

4. Camp directors make killer references

Blake Fox

I've worked with the same camp director for nearly ten years. I put her as a reference on EVERYTHING. (If you read this, thanks, Hannah!) They work with you so closely that they can have awesome things to say about you.

5. You'll meet the best people

Blake Fox

From just plain amazing campers to the very best co-counselors, the people are my hands down favorite part of camp. The people are one of the biggest reasons I go back.

6. It's genuinely a fun time

Blake Fox

I wouldn't bother coming back year after year after year if it wasn't fun.

7. The memories you'll make are so worth it

Blake Fox

Some of my favorite stories and memories come from camp. They're memories I'll love and cherish until I'm too old to remember them anymore. Even then, I'll think of camp and still smile.