Calling Baton Rouge: Signs You're Having Withdrawals

It's only a matter of time before we're back on the greatest campus around.
36

Going back to Baton Rouge for a couple of days since the start of summer has made me really miss my home away from home. Granted, Baton Rouge during the summer is scarily different from what it's like during the school year. There are actually parking spaces at the Woodlands, Tigerland doesn't get as insanely packed, but it sure doesn't lack its charm.

Even though the summer has only just started, I sure can't wait to make it back. I would love nothing more than to spend a game day with 100,000 or something friends in the greatest stadium in the world. Or even to start a horrible week with the best breakfast around, Kolache Kitchen.

Here are some signs that you're probably also suffering too:

1. Accidentally working your purple and gold together, in which to anyone else actually make no sense together but you know in your heart only bleed purple and gold.

2. Being so used to the 459 for a year, you begin to demand a stir-fry bar from your mom.

3. Knowing that your local bar will never be a contender for Bogie's.

4. Suddenly feeling sad that you can't just do a 2 a.m. frat lap for no good reason.

5. Not having the beautiful view of the lakes as an excuse to actually exercise.

6. Missing your college diet of Chipotle and wine every night.

7. Bragging to your non-LSU friends that you practically have a live tiger as a pet.

8. Fighting said non-LSU friends that this is not a PETA issue.

9. Already day dreaming about Boys Bid Night.

10. Playing “Calling Baton Rouge" on repeat to make sure you actually know the words before the games.

Fret not; in less than 80 days, we'll all be back together on the best campus in the nation. And in less than 100 days, it'll be kickoff to what is bound to be a great football season.