The United States Is Failing Our Children, And California's SB 145 Is Evidence That

We don't need more "nuance" surrounding adult-child relationships. We need a culture change.

169
Photo by Jordan Whitt on Unsplash

The United States is failing our children.

Earlier this month, the California State legislature passed SB 145, a bill that reduces the consequences of adults having oral or anal sex with a minor who is 10 or fewer years younger than them. Governor Newsom later signed it into law. This was done in the name of LGBT equality, as vaginal intercourse between such individuals would not *immediately* require the adult to be put on the sex offender registry, as is currently the protocol regarding anal or oral intercourse between the two. This Bill, California Senator Scott Weiner said, gives the judge more discretion as to whether or not the adult should be put on the sex offender registry, leveling the playing field between heterosexual and LGBT offenders.

Critics rightly raised the question, instead of loosening the restrictions on one end, why not tighten the other? Require adults who have vaginal intercourse with minors within the 10 year age gap to be registered as sex offenders. Boom. Equality.

The issue with this completely rational and moral proposal is that the goal of SB 145 isn't achieving LGBT equality. It's advancing Modern Gender Theory.

Modern Gender Theory is widely attributed to John Money, a physician and sexologist who performed a sex-change experiment on 8-month-old David Reimer following a botched circumcision. Money recommended that he undergo a sex change operation, take hormones for the rest of his life, and be raised as a girl. At the time, Dr. Money used this experiment as evidence that Modern Gender Theory was correct- children are "gender-neutral" at birth, and gender is constructed by social norms.

However, his theory was proved wrong.

David Weimer committed suicide in 2004 at the age of 38 after living the past 20 years as a male. His mother stated that, if not for the surgery, she believed he would not have committed suicide.

This is not an isolated case: transgender people commit suicide at incredibly high rates even after the transition has taken place. According to a Swedish study, "mental unrest" continues to plague transgender people after successful sex reassignment surgery. The Heritage Foundation reported that "ten to 15 years after surgical reassignment, the suicide rate of those who had undergone sex-reassignment surgery rose to 20 times that of comparable peers."

It seems that the surgery John Money was so in favor of as a cure to gender dysphoria is not much of a cure at all.

Money's distortion of gender unfortunately does not end there. Money is widely known for his normalization and acceptance of pedophilia as a sexual orientation no different from hetero or homosexuality.

In the introduction to the study "Boys and Their Contact With Men: A Study Of Sexually Expressed Friendship," Money wrote:

Pedophilia and ephebophilia are no more a matter of voluntary choice than is left-handedness or color blindness. There is no known method of treatment by which they may be effectively and permanently altered, suppressed, or replaced. Punishment is useless. There is no satisfactory hypothesis, evolutionary or otherwise, as to why they exist in nature´s overall scheme of things. One must simply accept the fact that they do exist, and then, with optimum enlightenment, formulate a policy of what to do about it.

Punishment is useless.

Punishing an adult coach or teacher who takes advantage of an innocent child is useless, according to Dr. John Money.

But wait, there's more! In a 1991 interview, Money stated the following:

"If I were to see the case of a boy aged ten or eleven who's intensely erotically attracted toward a man in his twenties or thirties, if the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual, then I would not call it pathological in any way"

Which brings us back to SB 145, the normalization and alleged nuance of adult-child sexual relationships. Its influence which came from Money's gender theory is clear.

We don't need normalization of rightfully "taboo" sexual relationships. What we do need is a culture change.

The United States is the number one consumer and producer of child pornography.

The Jeffrey Epstein case is expected to reveal a pedophile ring that consisted of high-profile politicians and celebrities.

Child sex slaves are being discovered and rescued by the van-full across the country.

And all of this barely makes the news.

Why?

It doesn't fit the narrative.

It doesn't coincide with the free-spirited, you-can-be-anything-you-want mantra peddled by Modern Gender Theorists. It doesn't coincide with their alleged distinctions between pedophilia and MGT. It doesn't support their allegations that sex should be had with whomever and whenever one wishes or that four-year-olds can be transgender.

Modern Gender Theory has led to the gross sexualization of children. Its emphasis on sexuality from a young age and normalizing all sexual urges has done irreparable damage to children and adolescents nationwide.

It is time for a culture change.

Save our children.