7 Reasons The Camp Fire Might Be The Next Big Discussion In History Classes

The next big historical event people will continue to speak about after the destruction it caused.

86

A community nearly destroyed. A death toll that kept rising. People nowhere to be found. Loved ones separated. These are all things the Camp Fire has caused. The wildfire began on November 8, after sparks from a power line caused a brush fire that shortly grew. It burned for two weeks before being 100 percent contained on November 25th. It was also named the deadliest wildfire in the state's history. The fire even turned the Walmart parking lot in Chico California, into a refugee camp.

Here are the reasons why this just might be the next big topic discussed in history classes

1. It's the deadliest wildfire in California history

The inferno has left destruction all over one community in the U.S.'s most populated state. It has done harm that various Americans haven't seen before. Especially from a fire.

2. At one point caused an enormous amount of people in the town to go missing

In natural disasters or even tragedies, the number of people who go missing tends to rise. The Camp Fire though, only caused the number of missing people to increase. Luckily, that number recently dropped.

3. It destroyed most of Paradise, California

Wildfires are known for burning structures. Residents have lost homes or had them damaged. Despite that, you never hear of little to nothing being left in communities.

4. It has left people separated

In addition to being missing, people are also separated. Loved ones haven't seen each other in days and students haven't seen their peers and/or friends in a while either.

5. It has increased homelessness all throughout Paradise, California

Lots have lost everything to this, including their residences. The search only continues, as many are still looking for places to stay, over a month later.

6. It left so many unforgettable impacts on Paradise's school system

While the town's elementary school is destroyed, the communities other schools are reported to have been either damaged or destroyed as well. Students have even questioned whether they will graduate or not.

7. It took the lives of so many people in Paradise, California

At one point, more than 800 people were listed missing while more than 80 were confirmed dead.