Redecorating on a Budget

Redecorating on a Budget

Make your space worthy of Pinterest without breaking the bank

21
Redecorating on a Budget
Urban Outfitters

It's summer and sales are happening all over the place. However, these sales are unfortunately pretty relegated to clothes, shoes, and jewelry. If you're like me,and you have recently moved into an apartment, you're slowly attempting to transform your room into a space that's truly yours without blowing your summer money in one go. There's honestly nothing that feels as amazing as adding a new print to your wall, or a new pillow to your bed, but there's also nothing that feels as terrible as spending $50 on that beautiful print and $80 on that perfect pillow.

If you want to update your room but still be able to afford your morning coffee habit, here are a few low-budget updates to consider that will upgrade your space without breaking the bank.

1. Tapestries

If you're looking for an easy, cheap way to cover your wall, consider buying a tapestry. Whether you go for a world map, an American flag, or a classic mandala pattern, your whole wall will be covered, meaning you don't need to spring for a bunch of prints and wall art.

Pro Tip: Consider stringing lights around your tapestry to create a super cozy, dreamy atmosphere around your bed. Christmas lights are super cheap on Amazon! Adding tapestries on the ceiling furthers the coziness of your room, too.

2. Lights

So, besides string lights, there are infinite possibilities to completely transform your space just through lighting and lamps. My personal favorite is the super simple hanging light bulb. The best part of this is that you can use almost any lampshade or lantern as a cover, or, if your want, leave the bulb exposed for a more industrial feel! Adding more light completely changes the feel of the room and makes your space more inviting.

Pro Tip: Consider a cluster of star lanterns (you can get them crazy cheap) to make your room feel even more ethereal.

3. Gallery Prints

If you have lots of wall space, one of the best options to cover the blankness is a nice, symmetrical set of prints. Buying packs of cheap, matching frames in a simple color and hanging them in a square or rectangle pattern really helps to make your room feel personal. Display photos that are from one special trip, or print all of your pictures in black in white to make the entire wall come together cohesively.

Pro Tip: Adding a few fun shaped items to the wall, like letters or shapes, can really make your gallery feel whole. Pick a central item and a color scheme and spiral out from there!

4. DIY

So, of course, the cheapest way to update your room is by crafting. Just about anything you see on pinterest can be crafted, and it is so rewarding to get compliments on a piece that you did yourself.

Make a cute marble tray to hold all of your classy dresser knickknacks here.

Make an adorable pillow that just begs to be snuggled here.

Make jewelry hangers that double as little mirrors with things from the dollar store here.

There you have it!!! Redecorating is not only fun, but it really allows you to get creative and show who you are in an incredibly unique way. Whether you stick to a warm boho look, an ethereal metallic look, or a dark, minimalistic look, you are creating a space that you will love to be in and love to show off. Happy decorating and happy savings!