Fall semester had no chill this year, but instead accelerated to full force...well full planner and schedule. My infrequent periods of relief are not as productive as I want them to be, and my sanity is slipping the more I replace sleep with completing assignments. I find myself experiencing the same set of problems during my busiest days and weeks. Here are 11 problems I face when my to-do list surpasses my time management skills.
1. If I don't write it down, it will forever be forgotten.
It does not matter how important the task, meeting, or event is; if I do not write it down, I will immediately forget about it. If I do not pencil in the Queen of England coming, then is she really even coming?
2. Accidentally skipping meals.
8 p.m. already? I should probably eat some breakfast.
3. Days will pass without me seeing my roommates.
I should probably text one of them so they know I am not dead.
4. Reading, but not replying to texts.
I meant to answer...but then I got distracted with, well, life.
5. Showing up just a few minutes to everything.
My days are planned out hour-by-hour. When I finish one class, I am scheduled to be somewhere else immediately. I am never more than 5 minutes late...I'm just never more than 5 minutes early, either.
6. Social graces are no longer a priority.
I can not ease into a conversation with small talk because I do not have time for small talk. If I need something, it will be the first thing out of my mouth.
7. I look like I am heading to bed at all times.
Oh, this ol'sweatshirt? Found it in my laundry basket. It was at the top, though, so it doesn't really even smell.
8. My exercising routine is running from place-to-place.
But I am not actually workout on a daily basis, so I am generally out of breath when I get to my intended destination.
9. Showering time is between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Or not at all. Oops.
10. I will forget to call my mom.
This is the worst. Least valuable child award frequently goes to me during the school year, but I always find ways to chat with my mom. Especially when I am trying to cook something.
11. When I finally do get to sleep, I hibernate.
14 hours later and I am still tired! Wahoo.
Despite these problems, I hate being bored. I may be barely functioning most days, but that just makes my days a little interesting...and spontaneous!