An Open Letter to My First Love

An Open Letter to My First Love

I thought you were the one, but you failed me.

96
An Open Letter to My First Love

Don’t take this letter to be a warm welcoming. I can’t wait to graduate and never see your face again. I hate the way you talked to me in the past. You seem so submissive now that I’m gone. Blaming me for leaving when you were the one that constantly cheated. Why? What was the purpose of cheating on a girl that wanted to give you the world, yet you gave her nothing but the dirt of your disgusting personality.

Although thank you for that, I used everything you gave me to build a foundation of understanding that I will one day meet “the one.” It’s funny to see you try coming back throughout this year, leaving comments like;

“When you and your boyfriend break up, hit me up.”

It’s sickening to think you still believe there's a chance to be with me. I asked you multiple times to leave me alone, I pleaded with you to ignore my presence; I don’t want you in my life. I wish you never walked into it in the first place. How does it feel? Knowing that I will never be low enough to amount to your emotional abuse again?

You tried stating I left, I cheated, I still loved you deep down and that I pushed you away. Were you just lying to yourself to bandage your broken pride? You remind me of the evil villains in Disney movies; how sinister they may be. I digress, thank you for teaching me what love shouldn't be. In which making me realize that who I have now is better than you'll ever be.

Goodbye, every little girl’s worst nightmare.