To My Brothers And Sisters, Remember To Live The Fourth

When we forget...

44
OurCampLife

While some of us call it Journey and others call it Kairos, we all understand what it means to live the fourth. I thought of this as J67 happened back in Oregon, and all of those that have joined us in the knowledge of what it means to live the fourth. As great as the message was and how raw and present it was after those three days, it was all too easy to let it just drift away. We told ourselves after the retreat that this impacted our lives and it probably did for the few weeks after, but did we allow it to have any lasting impact? When you think of it now, do you feel like you are still striving to live your life to the fullest not only for yourself, but those around you?

If you're anything like me, you've probably forgotten. You've lost track of the message that you were graced with. You've gotten caught up in your daily life with school, homework, friends, and everything in between that the idea of living the fourth has not crossed your mind in a while. You've been too wrapped up in being concerned with what you can see right in front of you to remember.

But as easily as we have fallen out of it, we can get back into it.

Living the fourth is taking those past three days where you doubted the first, cried the second, and trusted the third, and implementing them into your daily life.

So, here's the reminder that has been given to me:

Living the fourth is a daily choice.

It is appreciating the world around you and those that you know.

It is about taking in the small details and smiling, because it is all in the details when it comes down to it.

It is about taking a big deep breath as you wake each morning, see the sunrise, and be thankful for the day to come.

It is realizing that there are amazing people in your life who all have their own crosses to bear, yet they still show up each day with a smile on their face.

It is being grateful for all that you have been given and realizing there is so many opportunities for yourself and others.

It is giving back to those around you.

It is about remaining true to yourself and what you want in life.

This is what it means to live the fourth.

I strive to take these ideas with me every day. It is not an easy one, but it is because of the challenge that makes it worth it. Remember that we all have our own difficulties, and your struggle might not be so different from the person sitting next to you in one of your classes.

So, my brothers and sisters, as life pulls you in each and every direction, remember to live the fourth.