To My Little Brother Going Off To College

Wow. You're old.

303

As I sit here writing this, I'm thinking back to our younger days.

Forts. Wii games. Manhunt. American Idol. Beach days. And many, many more.

I think back to staying at Nana's house while you were being born, eating McDonald's and seeing your face for the first time.

I didn't know at that moment my little brother was going to grow up so fast. Within the blink of an eye, you are now going off to college.

With this being said, I wanted to say a couple of things to you.

Follow your dreams. Whatever it is that you have your heart set on, I want you to follow it. I want you to be confident in your goals and attain them like I know you can. If you ever need a push, look back at me, I will tell you that you can do it.

Enjoy the new beginnings. Whether it's walking around campus exploring or hanging out with your friends all night long, do it. I encourage you to take this time to start fresh. Enjoy the new beginnings that are coming to you through this new college experience.

Focus on you. This is finally YOUR time. This is your time to decide what you want in your future life. This is your time away from the life you've grown up in. This is your time to try new things. This is for you. Just focus on you.

Don't let society hold you back. Our generation is so afraid to be different. Our generation judges everything we all do. Don't let them. Join a club if you want. Join a sport if you want. Sit with whoever you want to in the cafeteria. Create a new style you want to try wearing. Be you.

And lastly, don't miss us too, too much. While I'm away at Penn State, you know I'm just a phone call away. Mom and Dad can't wait to hear all about your new endeavors so make sure you call them to share it with them! We love you and we can't wait to see your successes, you are one of a kind.

With all this being said, take it from me. In less than a year, I am entering the adult world. The memory of butterflies in my stomach as I went to bed the first night in a dorm room, 5 hours away from home, is so distant at this point. Time flies and you have to enjoy it while you can.

Good luck, I love you.

From Your Site Articles