Learning I Am Lucky To Have A Little Sister

I truly don’t know what I would do without my sister.

326

My Sister

I had always been aware of how similar my sister and I were but it was never fully brought to my attention until she started going to my high school and we started getting older. As far as physical characteristics go, there isn't much that differs between us. She has darker hair than me, but besides that it’s pretty close. Growing up, I would always hear “are you twins?” or “which one's older?”, which I always took a little offense to since I’m four years older than her. People never ceased to comment on our parents seemingly duplication of daughters. But though we resemble one another so closely, our personalities and interests could not be more contradictory. Growing up this was not as noticeable but as we have gotten older and we began to separate, our distinct personalities became clear.

My sister is very intelligent, always reading and learning. This whole article is probably going to sound a lot like bragging, but all said is true. I look up to and admire my little sister more than she’ll ever know. She has a strong passion for the arts. Not only is she exemplary in all literary respects, but she is also creative and artistic. The photos she takes show her eye for capturing beauty in everything around her. Her room is decorated with intriguing collages and paintings she’s created. Literally, every wall is adorned with her art. She has a very sweet nature and is well-spoken. I often wonder how, for a freshman in high school, she is so sophisticated. She is more mature than most her age, (definitely more mature than me) in my opinion.

I, on the other hand, am far less organized and creative. If I’m not napping I’m probably watching Netflix or putting off homework. Those are my main hobbies. In most cases, the younger sibling follows suit and looks up to the oldest but it is exactly the opposite with Brinda and me. She is always scolding me for not doing what I’m supposed to do and sets an excellent example for me. She helps me study and keeps me on track in basically every aspect of my life. I really don’t know what I will do without her next year when I go to college.

Though we are so different, we balance each other out. As I’ve gotten older I have been much more appreciative of my sister. Not that she hasn’t always been so helpful to me, but more that I now understand how lucky I am and how nice I have it. I am very thankful for Brinda and all the wonderful, annoying ways she keeps me together. I truly don’t know what I would do without my sister.