The Brilliant Young Mind Behind The Music

An Interview With Brandon Lentz

27
Brandon Lentz

A few months ago, I began following a performer by the name of Brandon Lentz. This performer is amazing. I would play his videos on repeat while I was studying in college for my exams and just relaxing in general. He currently is in Washington State. I have watched a lot of his videos on YouTube and I have fallen in love with his performing style. And just his style in general. He has this amazing aesthetic that is very amazing. I reached out to him about 3 weeks ago for an interview. I was elated when he agreed to do an interview with me. This young man is just an amazing person and he has this energy about him in all of his photos and his posts that he makes on his social media platforms. If you want to follow this amazing young artist, his Instagram name is brandonlentzmusic. And, his Facebook platform is Brandon Lentz along with his snapchat platform.

What is your name? “My name is Brandon Lentz.”

How old are you? “I am 21 years old.”

What got you interested in music? “Well, ever since I was 3 years old I was in love with music, I would always dance around before I could even speak and I believe that's where it came from!”

Is being in music your dream? “Absolutely. I've put everything I have and everything that I am into my music and projects and it's what make me truly happy!”

When did you realize that it was your dream? “For sure I realized in middle school after my very first performance in front of the entire school. I was nervous but as soon as I got out there, the energy was unreal!”

How much time in general do you dedicate to your music? “As much as I can, it's hard to balance a day job with music but I feel I've got it down for the most part, writing, creating, envisioning new ideas etc..”

What genre of Music Do You Play? “I am an EDM Solo artist!”

When did you start playing in front of other people? “I started in Middle school! I danced first and then the following year I started singing.”

What is it like playing in shows? “Incredible! I love the crowd and the energy!”

Do you see yourself working with or in music for the rest of your life? “I do. Truly because it's all I've ever wanted to do, and I've known that since elementary!”

Who inspired you to be in music? “There are so many artists that I love and am inspired by, but a couple favorites are Pete Burns, Shakira, Cheyenne, PussyCat Dolls, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, basically any pop diva I was all about.”

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? “Touring the world, selling albums, collaborating with artists that I've looked up to my whole life and inspiring change in millions.”

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? “Continuing to create and make a change in people's lives. Reinventing what it means to be an artist.”

Have you ever been hurt while playing a concert? “No, not yet! Thank god, haha, but I am always prepared for anything!”

Are you happy to be following your dream in music? “Yes of course! It honestly makes me so happy!”

Have there been a lot of heart aches along this road to be following your dream? “Here and there but, going through something always inspires creativity in me!”

Have you had to make a lot of sacrifices to follow this dream? “Oh defiantly, from quitting day jobs, managing time with loved ones, and trying to save money for everything that I do!”

Do you have any words for anyone who wants to pursue music but are too afraid to? “Go for it. Music is a tough industry and you have got to be head strong about who you are and what you want to do. Every day I learn more and more about what it means to be an artist and it's A LOT easier if you really understand who you are!”