The Bright Side Of Finals Week

The Bright Side Of Finals Week

Not everything about finals week is the worst ever.

50
The Bright Side Of Finals Week
https://www.flickr.com/photos/albertogp123/5843577306

There's no way around it: finals truly suck. The late nights, the lack of sleep, the endless calories consumed that "don't count" because you "studying." Nothing contrasts the freedom and bliss of summer more starkly than the stress and panic of finals week. But finals week isn't all bad...or at least it doesn't have to be. Here are some ways you can look on the bright side of finals week.

No more lectures

Yes, you may be spending hours in the library with your eyes glazed over and your soul on the verge of departing from your body, but at least you don't have to sit in a classroom and pretend to pay attention anymore. Plus, you can go on your phone whenever to waste time, instead of panickedly taking notes and becoming anxious as your professor talks about how many of you are not going to pass their exam (isn't that just bad teaching though?).

Your classroom friendships grow stronger

Everyone has at least one course per semester that seems to naturally bond you with your classmates. Maybe it's because the professor is particularly weird or delivers especially painful lectures. Perhaps the subject matter is beyond impossible. Whatever inexplicable force that bonds the class together, there is no question that it strengthens before the final exam. Nothing beats a late night study session with your classroom homies with laugh, snacks, and panic attacks.

Study breaks are that much sweeter

Study breaks for a normal exam just don't pack the same punch as a taking a study break for a final exam. Something about the panic contrasting with the sleep deprivation just somehow leads to an overall feeling of bliss during your study breaks. Don't ask why, or how. It just does.

Finishing your last final is magical

Forget illegal substances: the strongest drug there out there is the feeling you get when you finish your last final and at last can enter into your summer. Handing it in to your professor, walking out the door, and heading back to your packed up room is the most freeing feeling of all time.

Your hard work pays off

At the end of the day, nothing is more satisfying then studying hard for a final exam and getting the results you deserve. Imagine being at the beach, checking your phone, seeing that A+, and knowing all your late nights and panic attacks were worth it. That's your motivation. Now get studying ;)