Will Max Holloway defeat "T-City"

UFC 226: And New?

Can Max Holloway Derail T-City?

38
UFC 226: And New?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsowdLUZjNI

This weekend on July 7th, in Paradise, Nevada the UFC will hold one of its best cards to date as 2 championship fights will be in the Main Event slots. The Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic will defend his title against the current UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion Daniel "D.C." Cormier. In the Co-Main Event Featherweight king Max "Blessed" Holloway will defend his belt against the #1 ranked Featherweight Brian "T-City" Ortega. Heavyweights will collide with the #1 ranked heavyweight in the division Francis Ngannou takes on #5 ranked Derrick Lewis. Lightweights will clash with the #12 ranked Anthony "Showtime" Pettis meets the #9 ranked Michael Chiesa. To open up the main card Gokhan Saki steps into the octagon to face Khalil Rountree Jr in the light-heavyweight division.

The last time we saw Stipe in the octagon he defended his title successfully against the "The Predator" Francis Ngannou when he dominated him all 5 rounds. A win for Stipe over Daniel Cormier can easily solidify him as the Greatest Heavyweight in UFC history. He would then have defended his title for the 4th time since winning his title. The last time we saw D.C. was at UFC UFC 220 when he defeated Volkan Oezdemir by TKO in 2nd round to defend his title A win for Daniel Cormier would only remind people of how he was the dominate force he was in strike force. He would then become another fighter in UFC to win 2 belts in 2 different divisions since Conor Mcgregor defeated Eddie Alvarez for the Lightweight Championship while he was the Featherweight.

Max Holloway will look to defend his belt against the undefeated Brian Ortega. Max Holloway recently defended his title against Jose Aldo in their 2nd fight at UFC 218. Max brutally defeated Aldo causing the ref to step in the 3rd round which got him the Victory by TKO. A win for Holloway will derail T-City and improve his winning streak to 13 potentially setting him up for his very own super fight in the future. T-City recently knocked out Frankie Edgar at UFC 222 which gave him his 14th win in his mix martial arts career. A win for T-City will not only upset the champ Max Holloway but he would make a huge statement in the division. He can also become another undefeated fighter to win the gold in the UFC like the Lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Heavyweights Clash with "The Predator" meeting "The Black Beast". The last time we seen Francis Ngannou was when he received his first loss at the hands of the champion Stipe Miocic in a very overwhelming dominant display. Ngannou is looking to shake that loss off of him with an impressive victory over "The Black Beast". Derrick Lewis most recently defeated Marcin Tybura by KO in the 3rd round at UFC Fight Night 126. Lewis has been wanting to fight Francis for sometime now so a victory over Ngannou can definitely set him up for a possible Interim Title belt.

After it was canceled because of the Conor Mcgregor bus incident, Anthony Pettis and Michael Chiesa are set to finally meet. Anthony Pettis was last seen in the octagon when he was defeated by Dustin Piorier when he submitted due to a rib injury. "Showtime" is looking to turn it around in this fight as he is current 2-5 in his last few fights. Chiesa was defeated last by Kevin Lee in what most consider to be a controversial finish. Both of these gentlemen are looking to shake those losses off.

Gokhan Saki is looking to put o a show again as he opens up the Main card with Khalil Rountree Jr. Gokhan recently knocked out Henrique da Silva at UFC Fight Night 117. A win for Gokhan would only continue to show his presence in the UFC and in his division. Khalil last faced Michal Oleksiejczuk which was later overturned to a NC after Michal tested positive for steriods. Khalil is looking to shut down the hype train that is Gokhan Saki and put his division on notice.

Fighters like Paulo Costa and Mike Perry will be in the Prelims so tune in early!