Brendon Urie Is Pansexual, But What Does That Mean?

Brendon Urie Came Out As Pansexual And People Don't Seem To Know What That Means

Remember that plus sign in LGBTQ+?

124

Recently, Brendon Urie, the lead vocalist for Panic! at the Disco, announced that, despite being married to a woman, he identifies as pansexual.

But, wait — where does pansexual fit into LGBTQ+? Well, remember the plus sign at the end? Yeah, it is in there.

Like many others, I was not entirely sure what being pansexual meant; I was under the impression that pansexual and bisexual were synonymous.

Oh, was I wrong...

Pansexual is used to describing a person who is attracted to any gender or gender identity. Essentially, gender is not even part of the equation. This includes romantic attraction, emotional attraction, and sexual attraction. Pansexual can also be referred to as omnisexual.

The fact that Brendon Urie is coming out with this as an adult and after being married to a woman for a few years is huge.

Brendon Urie is a well-known musician from the band Panic! At The Disco. He is a big name and, as a result, the news of his sexuality spread quickly. As a result, many people are being educated about what exactly pansexuality is.

In this day and age, we need to stop assuming that everyone we meet is heterosexual and we need to start educating ourselves on the various sexual identities.

Brendon Urie has always been a prominent advocate for the LGBTQ+ community since his song "Girls/Girls/Boys" dropped in 2013. Now, he is taking that extra step and publicly embracing himself for who he truly is.

Want to become more educated about the LGBTQ+ community? Then check out the website.