A Breakup Letter To MUSE

A Breakup Letter To MUSE

It's not me, it's you.

11
A Breakup Letter To MUSE
Michael Nocella

Dear MUSE,

I'm sorry, but I don't think this is working out. It's not me, it's you. You're a little outdated, and I feel it's time for you to go. You're causing too many problems for both my creators and myself, and it's pretty unfair.

You don't show page views, so creators can't see how well their articles are doing or to see if they need to share an article more often than they usually would. There are creators that don't know their articles are taking off who then don't take advantage of this. These articles have the potential to go viral, so seeing how many page views they are getting is a beneficial tool to the creators. Seeing page views is also a very satisfying aspect of creating content, because the creator can see just how many people are reading what they have to say.

You're also not helping out in the grammar department. Both creators and editors put time into submitting and editing their team's articles only to have missing punctuation (apostrophes seem to go missing the most). When there is a lack of punctuation in the articles that are automatically posted on Odyssey's website, as well as the creators' Facebook and Twitter pages, it is not an accurate representation of the creator's work. Missing punctuation makes both the creators and editors seem lazy and unprofessional.

These are only two of the many issues I have with you, MUSE. You create messes that tech support is left to clean up. I don't care if it's a glitch or a hacker, you have too many issues. I wish I could say it's time for us to break up, but I'm still left relying on you to get my own content in and edit my team's work.

Sincerely,

A Frustrated EIC