Breaking, Financial, and Shaking news

Breaking, Raking, and Shaking no.4

Breaking news, financial and shaking views.

237
Breaking, Raking, and Shaking no.4
Anthony Hughes Facebook: Anthony Hughes

Tax Act of America: Returns thus far

So far the Tax Cuts, and Jobs act of America has given us a rough idea of it's returned consequences. For some, this has been a boon to business, and those with large holdings of stock. For others, it's exasperated the income inequality situation. Sean Williams' article takes a deeper look into what stock buybacks mean, and what the Tax cuts will mean for most Americans that don't hold large amounts of stock.

There will be 14-Billion Cooling Appliances on Earth by 2050

While this is definitely not a bad sign for those all over the globe desperately needing some good old fashioned cool air, it may not be such a good sign for the environment as there are several thousand terawatts of energy dedicated each year to cooling homes and computers alone. The projections for energy emissions aren't supposed to scale back anytime soon either.

McDonald's and Starbucks partner to create more sustainable cups:

The move comes as cities and individuals everywhere start to ramp up a more concerted effort for reducing plastic waste. The two companies partnered jointly with Closed Loop Partners to see if they could, together, come up with a solution to solve the plastic waste issue so heavily populated through the fast food industry.

Download the dirt Facebook has on you, It will make you quit

For a while now Facebook has offered the feature to download a file of all of your interactions. They can also harvest the data on who you are, where youre from, every interaction with the website, anyone who has ever been a contact in your phone, and even the metadata on what type of camera you're phone is using is in there. For someone who is jaded of social media, it's a bit of an eye-opening experience.

Even after pulling out of the Paris Accord, The US led the way in reducing emissions

We are the champions again- even if that means we won by doing the least? No, but seriously! The United States reduced it's carbon emissions by 40 millions tons, that's nothing to sniff at. While it is promising to see the US move in the right direction emissions-wise the rest of the world still has some work to do with China and the European Union releasing more Carbon emissions last year than the year before.

This time on WWE SMACKDOWN, Walmart and Microsoft team up to take down Amazon

The retail gargantuan and the tech monstrosity will work together to create the stores of the future with Cashier-less shopping on the way from Microsoft's cloud tech. Walmart is vying to rival and get a jump on Amazon in their proposed "Amazon Go" stores.

Raking News: Bartender shares tips on how to save when you're out

Pay for drinks as you go, Hit the happy hour specials and don't drink an alcoholic beverage every time you're ordering a drink. Those are just some of the basics, but this bartender has more in store.

How long do those negative marks stay on your credit report?

Student loan defaults and filing for bankruptcy last for seven and ten years, for those of you thinking about maxing out some cards and "never" paying student loans again. While Foreclosures and Lawsuits also last only seven years, the article does have me wondering.. are your 20's the time to decimate your financial future? (Note: I do not condone you Bankrupting yourself through maxing out credit cards, defaulting on student loans, or having lawsuits filed on you.)

Shaking News: Nutrition Expert breaks down whether La Croix and Bai are healthy or not.

While they do offer a great low calorie option and simultaneously function as water and a caffeinated drink, there are still some questions to ask when checking out with these drinks. Her analysis on the different kinds of sparkling water and their ingredients provide insight for what kind of sparkling water we should be drinking.

Conrad Murray: "Joe Jackson Chemically Castrated Michael"

Joe Jackson passed in June at the age of 89. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's former personal doctor maintains the singer went through several chemical injections at an early age due to Joe Jackson's maniacal drive for success in entertainment. In all of this I think the message we should take away is that no child should be abused. Forget where you stand on the whole debacle of the Jackson family, even if you don't necessarily care about them, I think it's still important to realize where they stand in significance to history and their ascendance to fame and how it all came about. While the success was there the happiness wasn't and we should all remember to value our mental health whenever we are working towards our goals.

The Milkman is back, no thanks to Sir David Attenborough

Err- I mean Milkpeople! That's right, for some Londoners they're ditching the old plastic jug and switching over to a milk bottle service in an effort to slash down on waste. People are willing to pay the extra amount for the service if that means they are still cutting down on their footprint on the environment. If they get their milk delivered in Tesla's I'd really be impressed then.

Aston Martin made a 430-hp Micro-car: It's both adorable and terrifying.

The Cygnet has a 4.7 Liter V-8 capable of producing 430-hp and also has 361 lb-ft of torque to go along with a limited slip differential. The idea behind the car was apparently to create a city car that could also give you a heart-attack on a track. I have to stay the the intention aligns with the finished product as the Cygnet has very similar features to other micro-cars like the Scion iQ. Aston Martin claims it can accelerate to 60-mph in 4.2 seconds. That's as fast as a Corvette C6. It also has a phenomenal top speed of 170-mph. However, I have to wonder if the car can safely handle that speed for a very long time considering how short the wheelbase is.