I Hit My Breaking Point And That's Okay

I Hit My Breaking Point And That's Okay

I was human Jenga, and the game had been going on too long

209
I Hit My Breaking Point And That's Okay
pxhere

I woke up with my eyes swollen and bright red. I can't remember when I fell asleep; must have been between the burst of crying and negative thoughts. This hasn't happened in a long time - a really long time. I looked back on the night and how I had been feeling recently and realized that I had hit a breaking points.

This breaking point came at no surprise. I had all the warning signs associated with it and I could feel my emotions slowly bubbling over the edge. Sometimes, as much as you try to prevent yourself from reaching a breaking point, it happens. It NEEDS to happen for you to learn and grow as a person.

A breaking point is a time for change. Change that is critical in becoming a better, stronger person. You won't be the same as you were before or after. I don't mean this as saying that you'll never recover. I'm referring to the opposite: your recovery will facilitate necessary change.

I was human Jenga, and the game had been going on too long - long enough for everything to fall out of place. As in Jenga, each piece started in the right place but were slowly moved to weaken stability. You then must rebuild and try again.

Just like a glow stick, it's okay to break before you shine. I often reflect on breaking points as a lesson to be learned and an essential part of life. If that was a low point, then after must be going toward a high point. Life can only get better from here... at least until another breaking point.

Breaking points will test relationships in your life. The people that don't support you may not be the best to keep around. These are times that we may need people the most.

The one skill that I have learned is endurance. You've managed to get through ever hard part of your life up until this point, so you will get through this and any hardship in the future. Stay strong.