Breakaway On Kyle Field

Breakaway On Kyle Field

This cold Tuesday night was only the beginning.

143
Breakaway On Kyle Field
Breakaway Ministries

I always feel blessed to be a part of this amazing university. But last night, I was shown exactly how lucky I am through one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Breakaway Ministries at Texas A&M took place on Kyle Field. The biggest stadium in the SEC was not just home of the fightin’ Texas Aggies, but also home to thousands of students gathered together to lift up Jesus’ name, to shout his praises, and to come together to worship our King. The excitement and authentic love was palpable; it was as if you could literally feel each one of our voices joining together. As we all packed together in the 40-degree wind, huddled under blankets and scarves, my entire body was covered in goosebumps. And they had absolutely nothing to do with the weather.

Texas A&M is an incredible university for many reasons, and last night, it was even more clear that one of the biggest reasons is the miracle that is Breakaway. I say miracle because there are few things that will bring this many young people together, and the idea that we were all there to worship is absolutely amazing. Tuesday nights at 9 p.m., hoards of students gather together for the sole purpose of glorifying Him. Last night, as I watched the seats begin to fill up, the most noticeable thing about all of the attendees was the diversity. The students poured in, and I stood there, awed. It seemed that there were peers from almost every organization, every walk of life, every race and background; we were all here. Together.

The music started and the shouts of the excited crowd were visibly lifted towards the sky with each breath hitting the freezing air. As the family of followers stood together, some with arms lifted, some on their knees, and most with eyes closed, shouting out our thanks and love, one thing became abundantly clear. There is a movement happening here. There is a stirring amongst the students of Texas A&M. Let today be the start of something even more; no longer will our love for Christ be a subtle wind rustling through the trees, but a tsunami of passion for anyone and everyone to see. Let us all join together, not just Tuesday nights, but every day. Let us walk together, hand in hand, heart to heart; let us journey together in our walks towards God. There are no limits to a campus who not only allows something like Breakaway, but who will support it (and each other) wholeheartedly.

There was no rain last night. But the presence of God over this campus was poured out for every witness to see and to feel. The flood of love and forgiveness, and the thunder of His joy were the perfect, most beautiful storm. Let this be the storm that never ceases. Let this be just the beginning.